Freeport 6/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport 6/28

Well we found a sitter today so the wife could get offshore for her first trip this year and first on the new boat. The plan was to leave the dock at 730 and be back at 2ish. So that limited how far I could run. I had a crew of troopers today. It wasn't really rough going out just confused chop. I had no time to run and baby it so we just ran through it. I stopped at a few 20ish mile spots and nada...So figured just bite the bullet and run to 30-40 out. Fished a spot about 35 out and caught a bunch of snapppers that were too close to call. Decided to run to the NW and come home on a different path hit a few more spots. I happen to look to my right nad there was a little weed patch that was no bigger then my hood, but something told me to just go look at it especially since the day was less then stellar to this point. Got there seen a little bait under it so threw a little chum out and my little friendly chicken were hanging out. These were "solid" chickens if you can call them that. We boated probably 20 and then I hear my wife say look a big one, she drops the biat to it and it takes it, of course she is on the smallest oldest junk rod/reel, that I'm not even sure who put in the boat with 5 year old line on it. It gave us a nice little areial show and after a while of babying it she got probably a 20lbish dolphin, doesn't sound that big but if you would have seen the line and such on that reel it's comparable to a Marlin. Then a little later a ling shows up. We made short order of that and headed in to a comfortable 35mph on autopilot. I never realized what you missed by not having that. I won't have another offshroe boat without after having this one it is way too nice to kick back in the seat and listen to the radio drinking a cold one while, she drives you home. I have some pictures I'll post after I quit being lazy and uploading.

How did the WC handle the seas today?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice day on the big pond.congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report Scott!
        Sorry about the phone tag.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks for the report, I can't wait to hit the offshore in July or August.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report Seaweed. dodos and ling-yum!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yep Robalo, if they guranteed me that at 31.5 miles out everytime I woudl never go futher, I'm really surprised it even materialized as the water is still very green, choppy I wish I coudl have went today, because that rip/weedline should be formed a littel better if it didn't get blown out.

Comment

Seaweed:

How's the new World Cat? Which did ya get? I was looking at the Express 27 with a/c and diesel generator, but economy changed that plan for now. Is it as good as they say? What power did ya get?
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It's the 27TE. It's a great boat for me. I had one before this one just much older. I believe it is as good as they say. For me for 2 reasons I wouldn't buy a new one. That simply becuase I don't buy brand new rarely ever and I don't think there fit and finsh is up to par with the money they ask for them new. I mean looking at comparable price ranged boats World Cat is far behind in my opinion behind the line. Now with that being said finding good deals on them used I am 100% behind. For the price range and what this boat is capable of I don't think you can beat it. I have a true 400 mile in deck fuel range, it's 27' but rides much bigger.

I have the 225 Honda's. I have no idea about the Express, I'm sure they would be fine, as they are built on the same hull I'm pretty sure. I would think they would have to have a unique layout to get a genset with AC. I would think your cockpit could become small if you cluttered it up. At the end of the day these boats are still 27.

Comment

Thanks for report and info on the boats

Comment

Nice work, sounds like a great day. I'd like to catch a mahi sometime.

Comment

Thanks Seaweed. The 27 Express was about $130k new with 4 stroke Suzis and the trade-off was room since the cabin takes up the front, but a/c is a plus at my age and also thought about overnight trips makes the a/c a must. I figured the finish was smooth, not somewhat unfinished/unpolished like Cape Horns, so I'll look into that in a few years!! Also the Express model is fairly uncommon, so finding a used one around the gulf coast is tough-especially fitted with the generator-I'll keep my eye out for a used express.

Comment

Man I would think that's a great price on one. I know my exact boat at the boat show rigged out was 157K new and I'm pretty sure the CC are cheaper then the express. I think AC is a plus no matter what age you are, I would have paid some pretty good money for some this weekend haha...They are finished out, it's just little things, like for one the wiring. Some of this could be whoever installed the electronics, but it is not neat by any stretch of the imagination. But with all that said I love the boats and think they serve there purpose well for our waters.

Comment

Very nice Seaweed!
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks Seaweed. I don't think the price included a/c, add aboiut 8k for that. Also Suzis are alot cheaper than Hondas.

Comment

Working...
                              X