new poling skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new poling skiff

Just bought poling skiff and having hard time getting anything on the fly. also having hard time navigating west bay. ive been a guide in montana and colorado though out the years but to to the salt water fly fishing game will be headed to my house in indian beach this weekend anybody that would like to go fishing hit me up. new to forum any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Eastex. I'd highly suggest hiring Capt. Steve Soule' to take you around on his or your skiff and show you some areas. Navigating West Bay can be scary at first but after awhile knowing the main 2 reefs & what the posts down the the middle of the bay mean etc... It can be a very fun & safe bay. Take time to review Google Maps to familiarize yourself with the shoals & spoils around your immediate area.

For these and many more reasons we highly encourage any new resident or angler to take a look at some of the guides that advertise here.

Capt. Greg Francis is very popular & well known here in West Bay. www.saltwaterassault.net

Capt. Steve Soule as mentioned above specializes in poling skiffs and fly fishing www.theshallowist.com

Capt. George Knighten great long time guide very knowledge and very friendly on the water. Great deal of knowledge and expereience from his many years on the water.

Capt. Glenn Stevens - Glenn is a great guy knows his stuff and can get you on fish out in the deep blue too. He runs a boat out of Jamaica area. www.fishcoastal.com
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

ive looked at steves website and was going to give him a call thanks for the info you guys on here do a great job im glad i joined

Comment

enjoy the site. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

welcome to the site

when you get a chance ... throw some pics of your rig up ... i am sure most of us would like to see what your running
          www.lonestarkayakseries.com

Comment

Working...
          X