468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

me and a buddy want to build a few rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me and a buddy want to build a few rods?

My question is is mudhole the best place to look for stuff on the net or does FTU have a better selection or prices. Also Blank choice whats a good american graphite if they still make them.
    75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

St croix blanks-Made in USA. Be ready to spend some coin.

Comment

What about components any brands that are no good or are awesome.
      75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

I have been pleased with Batson Rainshadow blanks. Swampland Tackle is another online source. Shipping on blanks is expensive, so you might try to get a blank local. I've used American Tackle guides and been pleased.

Comment

Batson cork. I like recoils or fuji alconites for guides

Comment

The local businesses are very competitive to Mudhole and you get a live person to help you put the components together. It really is a pain when you have to place multiple orders and wait on delivery. The kits seem like a good deal, but you can put one together for a little more money.

Enjoy!

Comment

TTu. You work at ftu right. Who would we talk to about getting all the supplies there.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSpoonGeneral View Post
                TTu. You work at ftu right. Who would we talk to about getting all the supplies there.
                I don't work there anymore. You can talk to any of the guys working behind the rod building counter.

Comment

Lots of places out there to get supplies. Swampland, Mudhole, Acidrod, etc are all good places and all prices are about the same. Batson Cork and grips are IMO tops. Come by and see me at FTU or one of the other guys there, we can get you fixed up. I am usually there in the afternoons, evening. There are only a couple US made blanks. St Croix is probably the best.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Goldspoon

Give me a shout if you have any questions. I carry batson, American tackle & rod dancer products. Even if you decide to get your stuff elsewhere, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have & walk you thru your build. Welcome to the addiction!
                    Shawn

Comment

Working...
                    X