Capt. Jen Green was beat up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Jen Green was beat up!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but here goes... The boys at Texas Red Fish series, Scot Simmons and Jim Elrod seem to have fallen into the same activities that ruined the FLW and other great redfish tournaments. The boys are going out of there way to discriminate against a knowledgeable Coast Gaurd Captain, Jen Green... by informing her by email and partial refund that she was no longer allowed to fish the TRS series, they also asked her not show up at any of their events. All this because Capt. Green decided to start her own fishing tournament to meet the unmet needs and wants of the current tournament fisherman. Competition is health, no one succeeds in a ologopoly!
    To all you fellow pluggers... Support A Captain run Tournament, for Tournament Anglers.... www.Xtremetournamenttrail.com
    Captain Pevey
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; July 9, 2009, 12:28 PM. Reason: fixing smilies

This is pure D chicken sh it! Jen deserves a lot more than this! If any of ya'll fish the TRS you need to let your voices be heard. Texxan1, let the Misses know what's going on and I'm sure that she'll say something.

Don't let these guys get to you Jen.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

What a bunch of crap those guys are pulling. Keep your head up Capt. Jen, what comes around goes around and it will end up biting them in they ***** later

Comment

That's bullshit!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Can u say law suit

Comment

I was going to join that series until I read this post! What a bunch of BS!! Let her fish!!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I fish the TRS and I am appalled by this. I have heard things from a few people about the TRS but this takes the cake

Comment

That is Crap.....give it to em' Capt Jen!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Here is my $.02 and the way I see it...... I do not fish tournaments (now/someday maybe) but knowing Capt. Green as well as I do, I feel the powers to be at TRS are running scared and sexist. They just don't want to be out done by "JUST A GIRL"!!!!!!!!
                  I truly believe competition is good health for business. Jen's intent was not to compete with TRS but to have another series alongside them. However I believe there is more to this than is shown on the outside... They have NO viable reason to ban Jen from fishing these tournaments. Jen's "Cookie Cutter Trail" Tournament Series is fixing to explode!!!!
                  If enough of the fellow Anglers stand up to these discriminating CLOWNS, the Texas Red Fish Series will suffer!!!! And as far as TRS, they will be begging Jen to come back!!!!!

http://www.xtremetournamenttrail.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fire Pirate View Post
                    Here is my $.02 and the way I see it...... I do not fish tournaments (now/someday maybe) but knowing Capt. Green as well as I do, I feel the powers to be at TRS are running scared and sexist. They just don't want to be out done by "JUST A GIRL"!!!!!!!!
                    I truly believe competition is good health for business. Jen's intent was not to compete with TRS but to have another series alongside them. However I believe there is more to this than is shown on the outside... They have NO viable reason to ban Jen from fishing these tournaments. Jen's "Cookie Cutter Trail" Tournament Series is fixing to explode!!!!
                    If enough of the fellow Anglers stand up to these discriminating CLOWNS, the Texas Red Fish Series will suffer!!!! And as far as TRS, they will be begging Jen to come back!!!!!

http://www.xtremetournamenttrail.com/
                    Well said.

Comment

Fook dem!!!!!! Theys jealous

AQUA PIMP
                      AQUA PIMP......
                      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

All this because Capt. Green decided to start her own fishing tournament to meet the unmet needs and wants of the current tournament fisherman.

Seems to me she should be happy just to fish her tournament.... since it meets the unmet needs of other tourneys....why start your on tournament and then complain about not fishing someones elses.Maybe she could kick them out of her tournament..if they wanted to fish it....
                        They might have just gotten tired of all the whining !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                          All this because Capt. Green decided to start her own fishing tournament to meet the unmet needs and wants of the current tournament fisherman.

Seems to me she should be happy just to fish her tournament.... since it meets the unmet needs of other tourneys....why start your on tournament and then complain about not fishing someones elses.Maybe she could kick them out of her tournament..if they wanted to fish it....
                          They might have just gotten tired of all the whining !!!!
                          Sneaky I haven't seen a post by Capt. Jen here regarding this I think another individual posted it on her behalf or was upset enough that they felt it worthy of a post and discussion... How do two wrongs make a right and why would she want to stoup down to their level? If I were Jen I'd be happy knowing that these two guys were so insecure about my new little Tournament that they didn't want me participating in their big bad one... Way to go Jen!! Ruffle those feathers

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                            Sneaky I haven't seen a post by Capt. Jen here regarding this I think another individual posted it on her behalf or was upset enough that they felt it worthy of a post and discussion... How do two wrongs make a right and why would she want to stoup down to their level? If I were Jen I'd be happy knowing that these two guys were so insecure about my new little Tournament that they didn't want me participating in their big bad one... Way to go Jen!! Ruffle those feathers
                            Yes Several TRS Anglers have confirmed this and as a close friend of Diamond Jen, it is my understanding that TRS alleges that Jen is using TRS' "unique ideas" to create her tournament aka a "cookie cutter trail".

Apparently, the 2 man, 2 redfish, wade fishing allowed, North/South, and general rules of a tournament are unique concepts. In fact, isn't that what almost every redfish series in the country does? How do you change that up? It is simple...all of the tournaments pretty much mimic one another.

Jen was banned because her tournament is not "unique"...yet Jen's event is a cash payout (IMO...that makes it unique alright - who else pays out 10,000 to first place?). She also has a totally different point system, weigh in times, etc. A similar series breeds competition, and apparently competition requires suspension.

I guess the guys at TRS never fished tournaments when they started their series? I guess no other TRS tournament guys have held their own tournaments? Well...you know the answers to that. The fact is that she is a threat and so they banned her. They have that right, but it is unfair, unjust and just plain wrong. Jen has not said one bad thing about TRS nor has she tried to directly compete. Her tournament is in the fall. Aside from that, that is not the kind of person that she is.

I hope she does a whole series next year. Jen's passion for fishing and the outdoors is unreal. Capt. Jen, go get em girl. Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Just my .02.

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of drama. Pretty immature on the TRS guy's part and will reflect badly on them and hurt them more in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X