Freeport 7-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport 7-18

Well once again, I lack pictures once again, one of these days I will get better at them..

So on with the report. The plan today, well actually there were 2 plan. Main plan was to dodge storms, 2nd plan was to put some AJ's in the boat.

We left the dock at 4am for the long run. Stopped at the 30mileish make to make bait. It was few and far but had a few canidates to send down. We arrived at Tequilla by about 8ish or so. Upon arrival there were several sportfishers fish POCO. We pull up to the platfrom drop some baits and drift off a little and one of the rods goes over like no ones business. It was a fish to never be seen. I had everyone situated and decided to try out my new jigging rod I just got the day before. First drop bam it gets smoked and I'm bent over on my little 5'2" jigging rod. After a rather short battle I boat probaly a 30ish # AJ. That was it, but the extremely sad part was it was not from a lack of bites. We had so many break offs that were good fish meaning either AJ's or Grouper, I've never seen that many hits on a boat and that many break offs. I lost more tackle on this day then I probably have all summer.

We decided to move in about 20 miles at this point. Start dropping to get our snapper. The snapper cooperated and we boated our limit in short order with probably and average of 10-15#'s they were all solid fish. This has been my go to spot all summer and will continue to be until they prove me different. This has also been a great grouper hole for me this summer. Well I also had another disheartening experience. I had that grouper bite and it went to the rocks. I got it out of the rocks and on it's way up and my freaking line breaks, it had been rubbd on the rock. What sucks about that is this broke my grouper streak and on top of that of course it is a fish story but there is no doubt in my mind it was bigger then the 60#'er I had a few weeks ago. Good news he's still out there.

Started our way in and found a thirsty shrimper that saved the day. We got some great shrimp and headed back in at 34knots. Arrived back at the dock at 730pm about 20 minutes before the storm. I had enough time to get the boat on the lift and haul arse. Had to clean up the next day.

A couple pics of the AJ and Tequilla.

If weather cooperates we are off to the floaters Thursday afternoon for some Tuna Action and then whatever wants to plan on the troll the next morning.
    Attached Files

Another awesome report! Sucks about the tackle, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

You know, if your having problems taking pictures, I can help you out in that department.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

nice trip.congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like our trip Staurday, we lost Tons of gear and missed alot of fish that day. Just never could seem to hook up. Thanks for the report and pic

Comment

Working...
          X