New Backup Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Backup Bow

Well my new backup bow came in yesterday evening. It is a Samick Sage Takedown Recurve, 62" AMO and 55# @ 28". I got it to take on hunts with me because it is a takedown and won't take up much room, plus you can't beat the price, Brand New $109 plus shipping. I got it lined out this evening in time to do some shooting. I didn't really expect much out of this bow due to the cheap cost, but let me tell you it shoots great. I was throwing groups from the first arrow that were equal to or better than the groups I shoot with my longbow. It also is faster and harder hitting then my longbow which is also 55# @ 28". I could tell it was hitting harder from how deep it was driving the arrows in my target. So if any of you guys or gals are looking for a good backup bow or a first bow at a great price I have to recommend this one. I'll let y'all know more after I shoot it some more and it gets broke in good, but right now I'll have to give it two thumbs up.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Sounds like a good one man, do you hunt with those recurves any?

Comment

got any idea on FPS? My uncle and cousins shoot longbows that he makes or recurves barebow and I always enjoy shooting with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
        Sounds like a good one man, do you hunt with those recurves any?
        Yep, that is what I got it for is to be a backup for both my compound and longbow, but I'm quickly starting to like it almost enough to become more than just a backup. Now I've got three options depending on how I'm hunting. The recurve can be used across all options where the compound and longbow have limits due to size and weight.

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
        got any idea on FPS? My uncle and cousins shoot longbows that he makes or recurves barebow and I always enjoy shooting with them.
        I haven't put it on a crono, but I know it is faster than my longbow which years ago would do in the 160-170fps range. So I'm guessing it is at least 170 plus or minus some.
        Last edited by bountyhunter; October 29, 2009, 05:23 PM.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
        X