Galveston Channel -- 11-23 Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Channel -- 11-23 Flounder

Took the wife and my oldest son out to the harbor today and caught a quick limit of flounder for dinner. Gulp 5" jerk shad in nuclear chicken was what they were hitting -- or inhaling I should say. We found a few birds working on the way to and from the harbor -- caught a few schoolies but nothing worth keeping. Largest flounder was 21" and the other was about 16. Would have stayed out a bit longer but my wife was ready to go when we had dinner caught.

I had another jack azz pull up on me and start throwing his cast net today. I was over behind some dredge pipe by the haliburton dock minding my own buisness (i was the only one in there) and this turd pulls right up on me trying to catch bait. Once again I refrained from loosing my cool but it gets harder every time!
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Hey Ibtsoon,seen you pull up in front of our dock today.I was on the orange all terain forklift down by the water by the pilot station.Nice boat,you had me daydreamin' wishing I was with ya instead of at work on a slow Monday.Congrats,Christopher.

Comment

Nice job keep it up
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by ducksandfish View Post
        Hey Ibtsoon,seen you pull up in front of our dock today.I was on the orange all terain forklift down by the water by the pilot station.Nice boat,you had me daydreamin' wishing I was with ya instead of at work on a slow Monday.Congrats,Christopher.
        Thanks Christopher! Saw you up there workin - Thanks for the compliment!! Boats a little better suited for the flats and the grass but I cant ever resist the flounder run. That's usually a great spot right there in front of your dock but the tide was ripping today so I moved on down a bit. Take a day off and give it hell!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'm beggin for Wednesday off now.We caught our limit Sunday,standing there at the end of the dock.Looks like the boy was having fun,Christopher.

Comment

He's turning into a really good fishing partner. He's learning to use an open face real now so I spend most of my time dealing with backlashes. He still resorts to the zebco when he get too fed up. Good luck with Wednesday!
            Mike
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I think I have Wednesday in the bag but I just recieved a text to hunt woodducks as well,it's a toss up.He'll be slinging that open face before you know it and then you will have time to pick out your own birdnest,lol.I have a baby boy coming around the 24th of Feb. so in a couple yrs I guess I'll be picking out them back lashes too.I cant wait,the wife doesn't fish that much.Christopher.

Comment

nice day on the water with family,congrats on the catch
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I think you're a magnet for morons-twice in less than a week some idjit threw a castnet where you were fishing. I think you need a sign that says "NO CASTNETTING WITHIN 200 YARDS."

Thanks for the report and maybe next time some idjit won't mess with your fishing. Good luck and thanks.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Is the pilot station ya'll are talking about the one by the UTMB helipad and shrimp boats where the pilot boats head in and out?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                      Is the pilot station ya'll are talking about the one by the UTMB helipad and shrimp boats where the pilot boats head in and out?
                      On the other side of the channel -- go past the haliburton dock towards the jetty. You'll pass a beach with a bunch of drill pipe moored in front of it and the pilot station is just past that on the left. Pretty sure the building is tan with green trim.
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        I think you're a magnet for morons-twice in less than a week some idjit threw a castnet where you were fishing. I think you need a sign that says "NO CASTNETTING WITHIN 200 YARDS."

Thanks for the report and maybe next time some idjit won't mess with your fishing. Good luck and thanks.
                        If it happens again I'm gonna run a twelve guage flare up somebody's azz!
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

castnetters

Remember the lure trick-make sure it's an old one with rusty hooks. You know what I mean-follow it with a "Fore" like in golf!!!

Good luck to you-It Beats The Sheet Out Of Me why they mess with ya (love your name/acronym!!).
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report, nice flounder!
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                            X