Looking for spots in clear lake area in the winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for spots in clear lake area in the winter

Hey guys Im new to this area and looking for a couple of spots in clear lake and in the bay by kemah and seabrook area?? Any suggestions and hints would be great thanks!!!!!
    Brad
    "Put that Bill Dance hookset on em"

Sorry just saw your post. Do you have a boat? Kayak? For the next 2 months all I do is fish that area. I would be more than happy to show you a few spots. I have a Kayak and will be out there tomorrow morning if you want to join us you are more than welcome.

Comment

Bunch of birds out there but they are scattered. Caught 1 spec. Stomach loaded with shrimp. It was too cold for the kids so we didn't fish long or hard.

Comment

I will be out there tomorrow for sure!

Comment

Hey Guys!!!! I have been told that its not good to eat the fish out of Clear Lake/Clear Creek. Is this true?????? I fish the area but I catch and release. Also, have any of you noticed the amount of illegals that fish the area as well????? I have called the Game Warden many times....in one instance they let em go and told me that they are just trying to make an honest living.......duh...did he think catching illegal reds was honest muchless right????? I have to buy my fishing license and obey all rules so I think that should go for everyone!!!!!! Any thoughts????? Operation Game Thief is starting to be a joke!!!!! The first question was......are you wanting to be paid the reward money????? Oh PLEASE I'm calling because they don't need to be fishing without a license!!!!!!!!!
          I went one day and there was an illegal in the water...taking a dump..........I saw him pulling up his underwear!!!! How disgusting that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by fisherwoman; December 7, 2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I have eaten the fish from the lake and as far back as Nassau Bay. The only place I worry about is back in Taylor lake North of the Red Bluff bridge.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

the trout and reds i've seen come out of clear lake sure look health and fat.were did you hear that from?
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by fisherwoman View Post
                Hey Guys!!!! I have been told that its not good to eat the fish out of Clear Lake/Clear Creek. Is this true?????? I fish the area but I catch and release. Also, have any of you noticed the amount of illegals that fish the area as well????? I have called the Game Warden many times....in one instance they let em go and told me that they are just trying to make an honest living.......duh...did he think catching illegal reds was honest muchless right????? I have to buy my fishing license and obey all rules so I think that should go for everyone!!!!!! Any thoughts????? Operation Game Thief is starting to be a joke!!!!! The first question was......are you wanting to be paid the reward money????? Oh PLEASE I'm calling because they don't need to be fishing without a license!!!!!!!!!
                I went one day and there was an illegal in the water...taking a dump..........I saw him pulling up his underwear!!!! How disgusting that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                if someone is takin a dump where you were fishing then i definately wouldn't be eating the fish out of there, but thats just me..
                Boats and hoes.

Comment

Clear Lake fishing

Actually I was told by my cousin not to eat any fish out of that area nor the Dickinson Bayou area. After being told that I just catch and release and its close when I can't make it down to my hot spots. Just having a line in the water is relaxation for me.
                  An ex neighbor of mine told me that she has also seen a waste truck empty his truck under the bridge at FM270 and that there once was a waste treatment plant down the way a bit but is now and has been closed for a long while. Anyone know if this is correct???? I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                    if someone is takin a dump where you were fishing then i definately wouldn't be eating the fish out of there, but thats just me..
                    Cows eat their own Crap sometimes and it just makes sure they get all the nutrients out of what they had already eaten.......I still eat beef!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yuk

Ok, its too early in the morning for me to be talking about animals that eat their own crap......lol lol........So, hows the fishing been?????

Comment

The Game warden would rather catch you doing something wroung,For he cant give the ill.a ticket they dont have a lic.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I have taken a dump in west galv bay, Christmas Bay, Chocolate Bay, Halls Lake, Greens Lake, Jones, East and West Matty and several backlakes. When you got to go, you got to go. Oysters eat it up.

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            Cows eat their own Crap sometimes and it just makes sure they get all the nutrients out of what they had already eaten.......I still eat beef!
                            Ok, its too early in the morning for me to be talking about animals that eat their own crap......lol lol........So, hows the fishing been?????
                            Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                            I have taken a dump in west galv bay, Christmas Bay, Chocolate Bay, Halls Lake, Greens Lake, Jones, East and West Matty and several backlakes. When you got to go, you got to go. Oysters eat it up.
                            Hey now!!!Now I know why the study says only eat 8ozs of trout from W Bay. I thought it was from other BS...now I think it because of human intervention

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                              The Game warden would rather catch you doing something wroung,For he cant give the ill.a ticket they dont have a lic.
                              I don't think they should right them a ticket for fishing without a license I think the ought to be loaded and taken to jail right there they are
                              "ILLEGAL ALIENS" the first word in quotes marks is why.
                              They are here against the law which equals jail time and a bus ride back to where they from!!!
                              whether it be Canada Mexico Afghanistan England holland where ever they gotta go!!
                              Just my two cents
                              "Put that Bill Dance hookset on em"

Comment

Working...
                              X