• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Maty reds 12/04

Wind:NW @ 10, out going tide
    Clear skys
    Water Temp: 52 with 2ft visability in close
    Bait: Slow sinking fatboys(pink), Floating Fatboys(pearl/chart, black/white)Started out wading a cold cold cold East Maty mid bay reef with little results. The water was in pretty good shape for the high winds of the previous day...thanks to the frigid water. No bait was seen, so we headed for the North shore and some area that had produced the day before. Jesse and my interest peaked when we were approaching Capt Rob Cummings, his cousin and Noo-Noo and 2 of them looked to be hooked up. We hovered on the outside and after a wave in we swung way out eased into the shoreline and ever so quitely eased our way thru the shell/mud to join them. Well evidently, the bite was a short one at this location and after a 1 1/2 hour wade we decided to go check out the South shore and see if it was holding any clean water.
    After a quick run, things weren't looking too good from the distance, but as we approached things were greatly improving. The coves out around 100ft were holding excellent water and as a plus the tide was dumping. I also spotted numerous birds working the mouths of coves that I knew contained guts and shell...BOOYAH!
    A quick wade in and 2 cast later with a pink Fatboy produced a nice pull from a 31", 9# red. 3 cast later, a 25" red fell victim. As Jesse and I looked down the shoreline and spotted the multiple tails cruisin the calf to knee deep water....so the day was set! Not the trout we were looking for, but some awful good fun to say the least. We sight casted with floating fatboys in pearl/ chart and white/black for the next 2 hours or so catching our limit and releasing well over 10. The reds were feeding, and were belly full of little 1/4" shrimp.
    Back at the harbor and cleaning table we saw some good trout up to 23", and there was a report of a 25"er, all coming off the North side wading ICW cuts and guts near shell. Their belly contents were full of a mixture, shrimp and mullet, so throw accordingly.
    Enjoyed the day and looking forward to the next time! Few pics from Thursday.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FlatoutFishin; December 5, 2009, 02:56 PM.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Great report! Great pics! Thanks!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great report Monte....Cool pics also!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice Monte! Those are some nice reds and great pics.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Good read!! Nice reds and one hell of a report... Thanks..
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice report and great pictures. Thanks

Comment

Look's like a great day. I could have heard all about the thrusday trip if you would have showed up at the "tackle swap" before I left.
              A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Good job, sweet pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by Williep View Post
                  Look's like a great day. I could have heard all about the thrusday trip if you would have showed up at the "tackle swap" before I left.
                  I showed up...at 7. They said you left, mentioned something about being past your bedtime....retired people are soft!
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    I showed up...at 7. They said you left, mentioned something about being past your bedtime....retired people are soft!

I had been there since 4:00pm, had enought Lone Star and walked out of there with a fly rod and reel. I don't even fly fish. Guess someone will need to teach me. Oh well, had a good time anyway.
                    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Williep View Post
                      I had been there since 4:00pm, had enought Lone Star and walked out of there with a fly rod and reel. I don't even fly fish. Guess someone will need to teach me. Oh well, had a good time anyway.
                      I was wishin I had my fly rod this day! Sorry I missed you...hell, I missed everyone except Thomas.
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                        I was wishin I had my fly rod this day! Sorry I missed you...hell, I missed everyone except Thomas.

I got the rod from Thomas and the reel from a friend of Capt. Wayne's, can't remember his name. Maybe you can give me some lesson's one day??????
                        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Nice monte im ready to go wade with ya one of these days, you got my# sneekypete got a 9 lb trout outta those guts in east matty north shoreline week before last.
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                            Nice monte im ready to go wade with ya one of these days, you got my# sneekypete got a 9 lb trout outta those guts in east matty north shoreline week before last.
                            Yeah, I forgot, Jesse did have one hookup that looked and acted just like a trout. Busted his lure, made a good little run, then released. I can't make it back down until Friday, Monday I'm going in for a cortisone shot to the hip...wading just about kills me now a days. Want be too long and I'll be down for 3 months and another replacement I'm afraid! We'll hookup and go some day before then though!
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Nice Reds!

Comment

Working...
                              X