PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the lights

fishingcowboy
December 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
has anybody tried to fish underwater lights for trout during the winter time? any help would be apperciated,

reeltime
December 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
yes you can. i was visting some customers in tiki island over the weekend and they have been catching some nice keepers at night.

fishcatchr
December 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It's usually pretty slow in the winter under lights... Anyone think something different?

extremewaderdude88
December 17th, 2009, 12:31 AM
It's usually pretty slow in the winter under lights... but u still can catch them during the nights...i used to live in sea isle..some nights werent good some nights were good..just fish real slow on the bottom and ull catch some nice trout...

fishingcowboy
December 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys it was just a thought. Would yall throw big baits

dyarbrough
December 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
what about 1000w lights set up on the bank i know its good in the summer on the diversionary

WestEndAngler
December 17th, 2009, 05:34 PM
It's usually pretty slow in the winter under lights... Anyone think something different?

It's slow... but also work your baits slow... There's been times I've come down turned on the big stadium light and seen tons of activity. If bait gets into the canals you can be darn sure the trout will follow.

I catch flounder year round in our canal working slow and bouncing along the bottom. Bulkheads have been producing sheepshead too!

Milkjug
December 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Bulkheads have been producing sheepshead too!

Shrimp soaker!

FP10
December 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Shrimp soaker!

He doesn't catch them, he has been seeing Albert do it!!

K Swirve
December 17th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I have caught some of my nicest trout in the winter, at night, under the lights. If you want to do it, go out about midnight with some trout killers, and you can slaughter them. Reds will go after them also.

fishingcowboy
December 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
what colors would be good to throw.. please help guys

WestEndAngler
December 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
He doesn't catch them, he has been seeing Albert do it!!

No Albert only soaks shrimp for the Texas State Record Gar that lives in our canal...

Shrimp and Squid that is :D

WestEndAngler
December 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
what colors would be good to throw.. please help guys

Throw Gulp!

shallowist
December 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
White, Chartreuse, bone, Greens, and black.