1-2-10, saturday, east matagorda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2-10, saturday, east matagorda

HOGIE 70 was kind enough to be my guide in my boat for the day. The morning was partly cloudy, then cloudy in the afternoon, ENE 7-9 MPH in the morning and 9-14 MPH in the afternoon,beach water was 58, and bay about 52 degrees, 8 " visibility, the last stop of the day had brown water. We made three stops. Launched at about 10 AM and headed to the south shoreline where we waded for about 3 1/2 hours. I didn't get a bite, but Keith missed a couple then landed a rat red , then our biggest fish of the day , a 22 1/2 " trout. He was using a copper colored devil eye.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

plugger were did you put in at ....we put in at matta harbor...must have missed you at the ramp and on the water........we had about the same one keeper trout given cpr.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Continued

We then went to Bird Island Refuge and stomped around in the mud and mixed mud and shell. The wind had picked up by then, but we both managed a trout . He on a pink corky fat boy and I on a pink corky floater. I felt my corky bump bottom shell and then felt him pick it up. Pretty neat.
      Attached Files
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

Here's my fish netted and keith hammering away. We headed back to the boat to go to our third place, he alot faster than I . My thighs were burning by then and I'd stumble 30 steps and stop and cast to let the pain subside- " yeah, Keith, I saw a mullet jump ". After numerous stop and starts he was beginning to get suspicious of the unseen jumping mullets- that and when the water around me began to boil from the burning thighs, the blood oozing from my nose and ears, and when my eyes rolled back in my head and I began crying. None the less , I eventually made it back to the boat and in the near setting sun, our final stop.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice report guys.....Looks like a tough day out there!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

END

Lastly we jumped out at Live Oak Cove and in the twilight Keith caught one trout. We motored back with the Q beam slowly in the dark. They had a dredging operation going on in one part of the intracoastal and in the dark it was like threading a needle what with the bardge , big floats and platforms. Made it back safely, though , about 7:30 PM. Great day on the water with Keith. Four trout, two at 18 1/2 ", a 20 ", and a 20 1/2 " . Thanks Keith !!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
              plugger were did you put in at ....we put in at matta harbor...must have missed you at the ramp and on the water........we had about the same one keeper trout given cpr.
              We put in at a place on Caney Creek, I believe, that he recommended. It's a mom and pop place, $3 to launch , more secure for your truck, and about a 10 minute ride to the intracoastal. Ask HOGIE 70.

Comment

LMAO... Your welcome Henery...! Hellofa report as only you can do...! LOL
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  Charlies Bait Camp
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Charlie is one heck of a guy!!!!!! Always by my bait etc. from only him. Hey Hogie70 did you check out Mitchell's Cut???? If so how was it there?????? By the way, when are you going to be out fishing again....would like to join ya!!!!!! Let me know.......

Comment

Got to love that gorda fishing .
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice report and pics.

Comment

Nice report and great pics. Looks like a pretty long day on some cold water.
                          Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

awesome report as usual

Comment

Working...
                            X