Crappie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappie

Jamin and I took another buddy out to Lake Houston yesterday searching for crappie. Reports hadn't been great but we gave it a try on Sunday.

Searched water from 10-40' depth before we located a nice part of the creek bed holding structure. For an hour it was a bite every few minutes. A lot of small ones but Jamin landed a nice slab.

We ended the day holding over this one area and tossing small ones back. It actually appeared we were the only ones having any luck. The water temp was still down in low 50's and water was heavily stained. The fish wanted minnows suspended off the bottom. No luck with any jigs.

Catch included throwback crappie one legal size, catfish and a freshwater drum.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice going fellas.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

fun...great eating too
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great trip!

Comment

Cool ,I love some crappie eating !
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I know that spot and it can be really good. Those crappie have been under a lot of pressure on Lake Houston the last few years and that might be why there are so few keepers being caught this year. Still a good day on the water with friends is awesome!!
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              Cool ,I love some crappie eating !

x2

Comment

Never fished for crappie, but catching always seems fun!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

That is a nice crappie . I hear they ARE tasty .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    That is a nice crappie . I hear they ARE tasty .
                    Best tasting fish there is!
                    when I was a kid we would sneak into some lakes in Iowa Colony the lakes are all along 288 they were dug to build the overpasses and we're plum full of big ol crappie we would wear em out big ol slabs
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Intake canal to the plants on 2917 were hot back in 60's and 70's. Probably still are. BRA owns it or did and last I was out that way Mr Posted said no trespassing.
                      Also the old 44Thousand land was full of laterals and canals and oil rig supply channels that were water well fed. They were great also for white perch. Swimming and teen drinking and smoking parties were great retreats also. Hehheh!!
                      Used to be a lake off 1462 that a heavy rain would overflow them into the bar ditch and you could either gather them up or they would die in the sun. Along with Bass and Blue Cats.
                      I imagine there still are places to bobber for them.
                      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                        Intake canal to the plants on 2917 were hot back in 60's and 70's. Probably still are. BRA owns it or did and last I was out that way Mr Posted said no trespassing.
                        Also the old 44Thousand land was full of laterals and canals and oil rig supply channels that were water well fed. They were great also for white perch. Swimming and teen drinking and smoking parties were great retreats also. Hehheh!!
                        Used to be a lake off 1462 that a heavy rain would overflow them into the bar ditch and you could either gather them up or they would die in the sun. Along with Bass and Blue Cats.
                        I imagine there still are places to bobber for them.
                        Let's go looking for some ?
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Can you buy crappie at heb?

Comment

No only the **** eating tilapia
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                            X