468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there! New to the forums and was wondering of some walk in places.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there! New to the forums and was wondering of some walk in places.

I currently live in Beaumont but often stay in Winnie with the Fiance. I was wondering of some walk-in wade spots or Kayaking grounds on this side of Galveston. If anyone could help I appreciate it!

Welcome aboard! I think that your home bay, Sabine, has more of the walk up versus walk in. I haven't really studied what's there so much. I know that there is an area on the lower end of Big Lake that can be walked into, and it's a great shoreline.
    As far as close to Winne, the only that I really know if is the Anahuac Refuge, and it's top notch as well. The only thing that you really need to keep in mind right now, is to find some mullet and don't stop casting. Good luck, I hope that helps get you started.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Anahuac for sure. Also there is a place outside port arthur that is awesome. I only got to fish it once. Go towards that big bridge by all of the plants but turn right before you get there and go on that road that goes through the plants. I don't remember the exact location, but if you walk left there is the ship channel. Right by there a marsh is protected by some rocks. The current was ripping off the edge of the rocks and there was a deep hole right there. I caught my 10 flounder and was back at my apartment in Groves by 9:30. I have always wanted to go back there but it is a heck of a drive from here.

Comment

welcome and enjoy.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

welcome
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome.

Sportsmans' road, Galveston Island St. Park, and San Luis Pass come to mind.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Anahuac Wildlife Refuge- walk in or yak - winter time place , incoming tide or standing tide a must. Keith Lake on Dowling Drive a good yak place - off Sabine Lake Channel. Good luck and welcome !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Texas Bayou is great yak spot.Take lots of bug spray and watch for gators.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

welcome aboard
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome
                            Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Welcome, enjoy the site and we look forward to see some reports.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X