East Matty Fatty and a Dead Snook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matty Fatty and a Dead Snook

Went out today in the RAIN with two other guys and fished from 11ish to 5ish. It never really stopped. There were times when it just barely sprinkled but it was a pretty steady drizzle for the most part, with times of torrential downpour as well. Wind was out of the east. It started off around 10 kts then picked up late in the afternoon and was probably at 20 when we were riding in. The open bay looked like chocolate milk. We did alot better than I thought we would given the conditions. I caught a limit of reds to 24.5 and a nice bonus trout, estimated around 26 in. on my rod. I have read about the "trout shakes" and heard they are similar to buck fever. Now I know how they feel . I thought it was a red and the big mama finally surfaced about 3 feet from me. I saw the silver flash and specks and bout crapped my pants. Kept the reds and let the trout go, along with another rat. One of the other guys also caught a nice 22-23 inch trout. All of my fish were caught on Pearl/Chartreuse Devil. I can't give too much info about where we fished because it was not my boat and not my spot!

Limit of reds.......

We saw a few dead sheepshead and black drum in the bay. At the harbor, there were several dead mullet, a couple gray snapper, and then we saw this coming in.
    Who woulda thunk? Needless to say, we were very surprised.
    It's a shame he didn't make it. I would like to see more of these start showing up.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

great report and pics!

Comment

Nice report and catch.Congrats.
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report and pictures...Glad you guy's got some action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
          Great report and pictures...Glad you guy's got some action.
          X2
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sounds like a good trip.....Way t go guys!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great report and pictures

Comment

nice! trip!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

good work nice pics too bad on that snook I talked to the game warden yesterday he said they found130 dead green sea turtles all in east matty thats sad!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Beautiful trout! Great day and thanks for the report and pics
                    sigpic

Comment

nice trout!

Comment

Very nice and way to take on the weather.

On a side note, I was told they found some dead snook in Christmas Bay this week. Yes XMAS Bay!
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                          Very nice and way to take on the weather.

On a side note, I was told they found some dead snook in Christmas Bay this week. Yes XMAS Bay!
                          wow. It's such a shame because snook and mangrove snapper were slowly migrating up the coast because we havent had a good hard freeze in LONG time, and this will likely put a huge damper in the migration
                          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Good report. Big trout can't be beat! There were a lot more snook around here than people thought. They found one in the diversionary canal too.

Comment

Thanks for the good report and pictures !! Ya'll did really well on a tough day !! Congratulations on that very nice trout and release.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X