palomar with braided line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palomar with braided line

I realized on the last outing that braided line is a total different animal than mono, this was my first time using braided line.
    I don't know if I wasn't remembering the way the packaging said to tie the knot but I lost 3 good trout that day due to my knot tying. I grabbed my phone and googled knots for braided line and came across the palomar knot. It's so simple I had my doubts but, after landing the next fish and a while later getting hung up, I quickly gained allot of faith in this simple quick knot. I'm not sure if it works on mono but I like it for 15# spider wire.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

I use the palomar knot on both braid and mono. I used the tactical angler fishing clip on Friday with braid. It worked great. I used the 50# clip on a 1/4oz jig head. Very light and didn't disrupt the movement of the jig head. I'm very satisfied with the clip. On reading articles, palomar is stronger than clinch knot. Haven't had any problems the knot coming loose. Lord Bless.
    robert
    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

I have not heard of that clip. after having a bad pack of snap swivels, I have been looking for an alternative,
      thanks, I will be picking some up.
      Green grass and high tides forever
      Mike Mathena

Comment

I got them from Amazon. Look up the reviews there. You can look up the reviews on tackle tour. Click on terminal tackle (if it doesn't come up). Very good reviews. They have the 50#, 125, 175. Hope this helps.
        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

For me the Palomar is the best. Use whenever I can.

Comment

I still use what my grandfather called the double fisherman's knot and that we all know as the improved clinch knot. I've never had a knot fail. Anything over 50lb mono and I'm crimping.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I used the Palomar for years when joining braid to a fluorocarbon Seagaur 20# line as a leader, but I had a problem with popping off the lure and leader. I switched to a double Uni and ended the problem.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I'm using uni to uni for braid to mono/fluoro. I tried the crazy alberto for a bit but had some issues and went back to the double uni.

-FP

Comment

I have used the Palomar Knot religiously since the early 70's. Over the recent years I have found on braid the Palomar will eventually slip through especially on hard pulling reds. Not to much on trout or flounder. Since Braid came out I had to switch over to tying a Fluorocarbon leader to my braid. I have never had it slip. I tie it with an Albright knot or the Uni to Uni.
                  Kenner, 21V-200 Yama

If your not living on the edge, Your taking up to much space!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
                    I'm using uni to uni for braid to mono/fluoro. I tried the crazy alberto for a bit but had some issues and went back to the double uni.

-FP

X2
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a double knot spy or brain surgeon, but after the 4 hardest years of my edumacation, the sixth grade, I decided to be in the oil biz and use a improved clinch for mono.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for this post. I love that knot. I've never heard of it and knew there had to be a better way to tie braided line.
                        Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                        RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                        sigpic

Comment

Double Surgeon knot, quick simple and has never broke with me..
                          Fishwhisperer

Comment

I have switched to braid just recently and use the FG knot when tying to fluorocarbon and either a bowline for a loop knot or improved cinch when tying directly to lure or hook. Used bowling and cinch for years and can’t remember loosing a fish because of failure of either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

FG vs Alberto
                              The Alberto knot has been continually suggested by many fans for us to test out against the winner of our first ever knot contest... the FG knot.And the Albe...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X