Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer problem!

My pc has stuck on the screen

boot disk or load media?........last time i had a problem it was the hard drive!.........any suggestion........vista 64bit
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Throw it away and go buy another...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I built that thing myself......it screams..........or used to.....lol

Comment

Could be a number of reasons. Hard drive issue obviously comes to mind first. You might unplug any other drives you have and give it a shot. What kinda drive is it and how long have you had it?

Comment

Chris,

Make sure that there are no disks in any of the floppy or CD/DVD drives when you boot up. Could also check the boot order in the BIOS setup and make sure that it lists your main hard drive (C first.

Comment

x2 on make sure there's no disk in any drive or a flash drive (USB) mine will not boot if I have something in there... I changed my settings to have it boot from CD first then hard drive. Makes it easier when trying to wipe my system clean and start over each month
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks guys i know about all those tricks it's the harddrive I've got a spare. My computer geek is gonna try and recover some of the stuff on it....in the near future........the old trick of taking the button battery didn't work either.

Comment

Working...
              X