4/6/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/6/10

Made a scouting run with Capt Glenn, Clint and Jeremy. Waded protected shorelines with mud/sand bottom in 2-5'. Lots of bait was present, but the fish did not want to cooperate. We caught 2 trout @ 18" & 19" on top, 2 rat reds on plastics and a 16" trout on plastics. We did have a few other blow ups, but didn't connect. You can definitely tell that the water is warmer as the fish were hammering the topwater and fighting much better than the last few months.

sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Wish i could been there today...course i think like that any day i'm not down there during the spring/summer.

Thanks for the report.

Is that one of those sun wrap(not sure of the exact name) things on your neck? I've seen 'em in the magazines and i've thought about getting one for added protection.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job gents..!!!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good job guys!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nic pics........... BTW Chip you look smashing in your matching shrit and net.....lol
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice job! I spent a little time out in it yesterday myself.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

nice job.thanks for the report
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                Wish i could been there today...course i think like that any day i'm not down there during the spring/summer.

Thanks for the report.

Is that one of those sun wrap(not sure of the exact name) things on your neck? I've seen 'em in the magazines and i've thought about getting one for added protection.
                They call me the blue power ranger in that. It is from fishgillz.com. You can buy the one like this with the mask attached or buy the mask separate.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

lol that trout looks a lot smaller in the picture

Comment

Nice job Chip. Thanks for the report-glad you all had a good time and caught a few at least. That aint a bad trout either.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It was a solid 19" fish. It looked better in person, lol.

Comment

Nice report Chip! Thanks
                        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

good report.
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

chip and jeremy....enjoyed the long windy wades
                            thanks for hanging with me on the scoutin trip!
                            we need to do it again out west here
                            Captain Glenn Stevens
                            Coastal Guide Service
                            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for the report and pictures !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X