Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice

I don't have a boat so I'm looking for advice on some good spots to wade into West Bay...where to go,what to use, etc. Thanks

8 mile road is a good spot... ive always gone down to san luis pass found a safe route to the bay and wade out to the boat gut. its about 3/4 mile out wade to get to deep water but its productive. topwaters are a winner if you got good water clarity. soft plastics as well. and the trusty live shrimp under a cork never fails either.

good luck
    if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Thanks. I'll keep that in my mind too.

Comment

End of sportsman is also a good place to wade, wade the left marsh. Walk in around offats and fish, you can walk in at 103rd and fish shoreline. Ive fished stegast area once by wade, did not get to far but pulled in a couple of rat reds. Returned in kayak and found some keeper fish.

For artificial I ususally throw gulp jerk shad, shrimp, brown lures, and lately doing food using berkly swimming mullet. (dead shrimp seems to always catch what ever fish yhere is around the area)

Good Luck! oh yeah seabrook also has some walk in wade but the winds can make the water rough at times, and it usually gets deep quick.
          Last edited by fishingRED; April 15, 2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
            End of sportsman is also a good place to wade, wade the left marsh. Walk in around offats and fish, you can walk in at 103rd and fish shoreline. Ive fished stegast area once by wade, did not get to far but pulled in a couple of rat reds. Returned in kayak and found some keeper fish.

For artificial I ususally throw gulp jerk shad, shrimp, brown lures, and lately doing food using berkly swimming mullet. (dead shrimp seems to always catch what ever fish yhere is around the area)

Good Luck! oh yeah seabrook also has some walk in wade but the winds can make the water rough at times, and it usually gets deep quick.

Sportsman = 8 Mile

Galveston Island State Park is another option....
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              Sportsman = 8 Mile

Galveston Island State Park is another option....

I taught you can wade of the end of sportsman and the end of 8 mile is another place to jump in the water. They are very close to each other, but can get to different place.

Comment

I consider them the same place... Less confusion

Comment

There are all kinds of places to walk in, just don't get on someones land that will cap your arse
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

The areas they said are good and throw Tops, Tops or Tops!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I recently had some luck wading Lake Como, 4" penny colored Gulps were working. We parked at Watermans off of Stewart and hugged the south shoreline.

Comment

Originally posted by MALS25 View Post
                        I recently had some luck wading Lake Como, 4" penny colored Gulps were working. We parked at Watermans off of Stewart and hugged the south shoreline.
                        You can also go in through the GISP entrance and drive all the way down to the entrance to Danas.
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

S or SW shoreline?

Originally posted by MALS25 View Post
                          Did you wade the side by the old Stuart Mansion? Up around & into Dana's & State Park area?

Comment

yes, we went up into Dana's. Water was high with a slight north wind, but the clearity was good...We also went inside the mansion on our way out, that place is pretty wild, racoon scared the hell out of me. We replace the boat we lost in Ike last week, so I may not be doing as much wading.

Comment

I always wonder about wadingaround danas, I taught the ground was muddy around GISP, so Ive never gone without kayak......MALS25 how deep does Lake Como get? Do you stay close to the shoreline, or walk in some?

Comment

Working...
                              X