Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyfishing Report

Flyfishing Report 5/16;
    Finally got a chance to do some sight fishing on Sunday.Water was still murky but I did get some shots at a few reds and one MEGA trout.Caught two reds tailing in flooded grass ponds.Tides were still high which put the reds way back in the grass.All this made for a great day poling my skiff and hunting for reds.Lost my light due to afternoon cloud cover so I pulled out to deeper water on the flats and started throwing a cork/worm combo(Mansfield Mauler) and picked up 5 reds(19-22in) and two trout(17 &19in).It sure was nice to fish without the winds howling in my ears ! I called it a really good day !

SKIFFSTIFF

Nice job,congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report.....Thanks!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Very nice!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Stupid Question

Originally posted by SKIFFSTIFF View Post
          Flyfishing Report 5/16;
          Finally got a chance to do some sight fishing on Sunday.Water was still murky but I did get some shots at a few reds and one MEGA trout.Caught two reds tailing in flooded grass ponds.Tides were still high which put the reds way back in the grass.All this made for a great day poling my skiff and hunting for reds.Lost my light due to afternoon cloud cover so I pulled out to deeper water on the flats and started throwing a cork/worm combo(Mansfield Mauler) and picked up 5 reds(19-22in) and two trout(17 &19in).It sure was nice to fish without the winds howling in my ears ! I called it a really good day !

SKIFFSTIFF
          The cork/worm combo(Mansfield Mauler) was on a fly pole?
          Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Working...
          X