LOUD Rattle Tops in Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOUD Rattle Tops in Surf?

Most likely said several times, but now paying attention. Seems alot of yall throw tops in surf, I have type/color understood. I have caught fish on bay side with topwater (only a few). Lookin for first surf trout in next few days. Do you always throw rattle tops at dawn? Or when is the time?

SS JR black until sun comes up and then SS Jr. clown, she dogs, pink and silver skitter walks. I also throw bone if the sun is not fully out. You can throw the SS (big ones) as well if the water is a little rough. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

It is trial and error. Keep chunking and changing. Chip fishes about 50 different topwaters each trip.

Comment

What in the hell is a rattle top?
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I was assuming topwaters. Just some with louder rattles than others.

Comment

Yes fp10, thats what I was meaning. Heard them called by that name. Are the SS JR's EXP 21 is talkin about rattle or not?

Comment

I believe they all have rattles.

Comment

I can't think of a topwater I have fished with off hand that did not have a rattle.

Comment

SS Jr are not as loud as the SS. Just keep it simple and get an all black, something with chrome and bone in the heldon super spook.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                    I can't think of a topwater I have fished with off hand that did not have a rattle.
                    The size under SS Jr. I think its called a Spook Pup doesnt have a rattle but the thing is killer at night under the lights.

Comment

top dog or he dog in crbk, crbl, crch for the surf.

Comment

SW's and SS's almost any will do. good luck post some pics of your catch. will be in surfside all week as soon as it calms down.
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

the freshwater spooks don't have rattles.

Comment

I always start with Black She Dog before daylight and keep throwing big and noisy unless they won't hit it, then I switch to SS Jr or Skitterwalk
                            Chart/Black
                            Clown
                            Bone Holo
                            Pink
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                            X