PDA

View Full Version : 4 days offshore and the Fishing Fiesta

Muddskipper
June 9th, 2010, 10:16 AM
All right guys, if ever wanted to do an over nighter after Tuna, I got a trip you might be intrested in.

The Big - E does only one of these real long trips a year (76 hrs)and it coincides with the Freeport Fishing Fiesta.

The big boat will have a cook and includes food in the price.

If you ever were worried you would not know anyone, or were not sure what to bring, I would be happy to walk you through everything......

Boat leaves on July 1st and comes back on Sunday the 4th ....still time to see the fire works ......

Here are a few pics that gives you an idea of what we catch

Hogie70
June 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Nice MP Looks like fun... But I will be fishing inshore during the fiesta...

imhammer
June 9th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Very nice Brian......That is a load of fish! I wish I could.

WestEndAngler
June 9th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking about getting a bunch of members together and booking the stern of the Big E on a 72 hour trip :D

PasadenaMan
June 9th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Now I know what a truck load of fish really is. I can only imagine what peopel thought when they drove by you on the raod or freeway.

lurefisher
June 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
NICE FISHING Skipper.

Explorer21
June 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Now that looks like a blast! How far offshore and what are the sleeping conditions like? You sleep, where you fall :)

how much per person?

Race1Mopar
June 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Nice haul!!! length of trip and the fish

Muddskipper
June 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking about getting a bunch of members together and booking the stern of the Big E on a 72 hour trip :D

The stern is nice but I like the Bow, when I toss a Topwater at 100lb class tuna ..

Also, this is the only 4 day trip they do each year unless it's a private charter

Now I know what a truck load of fish really is. I can only imagine what peopel thought when they drove by you on the raod or freeway

The boat caught 144 yellowfin and hundreds of Black fin on this trip .... this pic is only a 3rd of the Yellow fin

We had to put them in the truck to make it easy to get to the cleaning table .... no high-way driving here....

How far offshore and what are the sleeping conditions like?......... how much per person?

You generally go way out beyond the regular floaters like Boom-vang ....to Falcon and beyond ....but you try to go where the fish are....

Sleeping conditions are nice for a party boat, clean bunks with curtians to close yourself off from anyone.... and away from traffic and the food areas
By far the best sleeping conditions of any big big boat on the coast

This trip will run a cool $G .... but that comes with a cook and food

That comes down to $250 a day and night ......

Explorer21
June 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM
WOW, for a cool G, it better come with something else :) Sorry, but can't afford that right now after my cool G is broken and lost gear last month.

Muddskipper
June 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
This trip got knocked down to a 3 day 2 night trip due the the F'n TS ....

Were leaving Friday at 6am

I need me a Tuna Fix

pho cowboy
June 29th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Don't be scared to bring back something for me to clean bud! Wish I could make this one but there will be other trips. Good luck btw Brooke said she and the boys will be there on Monday

Robalo
June 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Good Luck Bryan and have a great trip. post your results.

REELING 65
July 1st, 2010, 08:05 PM
Good luck..ya'll..cant wait to see those pic's.:sifone:

dbarham
July 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
I wanna go!!:D:D

lurefisher
July 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I canceled on the Gumbo cookoff sorry guy's i think it would have been another trophy for us,but wow they are still having the tourney it says.

Kevin
July 4th, 2010, 10:24 PM
What a meat haul! I would love to do a 72 hour trip. The 36 hour trip is awsome as well. I want to hit the deep blue sometime this year.

Muddskipper
July 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I took 3rd in the Fiesta with a 28.8 Black fin Tuna ..... my buddy took 1st with his 71 lb yellow fin .... there were another 4 first place guys on the boat ....

My buddy Kyle, with the yft, also had his name drawn for the grand prize offshore winner

My highlight was the blue marlin I hooked out at the floaters ..... she dumped a 30 wide Tiagra in almost 30 seconds ....... it took me an hour to get that line back (approx 500 yrds)....... I had to pass the rod off for the next 45 minutes to catch my breath .....two anglers fought her at that time ......I came back and finished her off with the correct stand up gear ...

We released her at the boat ..... she was estimated in the 350 - 400lb range

After the sushi throw down with the tuna yesterday I think I am glowing with Mercury ....

WestEndAngler
July 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Where are the photos Bryan! Congrats on a great trip!

lurefisher
July 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Congrats!

Muddskipper
July 6th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Couple of pics

nokatchin
July 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
WTG!Congrats

Muddskipper
July 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Little better Marlin Pic

Problem is the pic is from 10 feet off the water

txwhaler 22
July 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM
very nice!!!

Charlie's Custom Rods
July 7th, 2010, 06:13 AM
My highlight was the blue marlin I hooked out at the floaters ..... she dumped a 30 wide Tiagra in almost 30 seconds ....... it took me an hour to get that line back (approx 500 yrds)....... I had to pass the rod off for the next 45 minutes to catch my breath .....two anglers fought her at that time ......I came back and finished her off with the correct stand up gear ...

We released her at the boat ..... she was estimated in the 350 - 400lb range

After the sushi throw down with the tuna yesterday I think I am glowing with Mercury ....

Dude that is awesome

reeltime
July 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds like ya'll had a blast in the bluewater.

pho cowboy
July 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Nice Job Bryan and Kyle!

Really nice trophy and great tasting tuna bud! Maybe I can get on again soon...