Are any public ramps open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any public ramps open

I haven't been to Galveston since just before Ike. Are any public ramps open? Tiki? GYB?

I know gyb is open
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Fatboys is open. Im not sure if your able to launch at Teakwood, last I heard they were running people off for using it. Aqua Pimp on here might have some info whether there letting ppl use it

Comment

The ramp at the old KOA camp in SLP is open.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Jamaica Beach and Sea Isle are open. Sea Isle may be tough-the "public" ramp by marina is pretty bad and they sometimes lock the "resident" ramps at Sea Isle.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Pirates and the ramp on Tiki Island (Teak Wood) is open!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Weather channel says 25 to 30 mph out of the south, so does NOAA. I haven't been fishing in Galveston since before Ike and I have time Friday, so I'm going. Probably walking in to an azz whimping. I gues we'll launch at Fat boys. Any thoughts? Maybe way up in Greens Lake?

Comment

South Wind=South Shore Line Coves. Good luck and give us a report.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

We launched at GYB and fished the south jetty. Started at 11:30, lost the anchor on the 2nd move at 2 and we were done. Waves were crashing over the rocks. We did box 4 slot reds. We had grilled half shells and homemade shrimp ettouffee Friday night.

I don't fish the rocks often. What's the best type anchor to use there and expect to get it back? Has anyone tried the alum claw type? Supposedly you can bend them if they get stuck and then retrieve. Do they work in shell and mud?

Comment

I use zip ties on my dangforth if I back down hard enough it will pull out... hook the main shackle on in the middle rather than the standard position... use zipties to attach it to the normal location... If you pull hard enough the zip ties will break and you can pull the anchor up from its mid point usually removing it fairly quickly...

I've also had to swim for mine

Comment

Too cold Friday to swim.

Comment

007 Has a good anchor to use.. He told me about it when we went to fish his favorite fishing hole in upper galveston bay... What kind of anchor was it again???

Comment

Working...
                        X