Can I get in???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get in???

I was just wondering how skinny these back lakes are. I run a 20 ft. Baystealth and just wondering if I could get in any of these lakes to chase some fish? Any help is appreciated.

You can get into Jones for sure. Just make sure to have some good polarized shades and you can do it. It wouldn't hurt for you to take someone that knows the back lakes the 1st couple of times to show you the ropes.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      You can get into Jones for sure. Just make sure to have some good polarized shades and you can do it. It wouldn't hurt for you to take someone that knows the back lakes the 1st couple of times to show you the ropes.
      X2

How much water do you draw running / sitting still?
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Greens no prob, but Karankawa could be difficult......No prob in Jones
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

back lakes

With a 20ft Bay Stealth the back lakes should not be a problem. We are talking Jones, Karankawa, and Greens. I don't really consider Jones to be a back lake but of the three, Karankawa is the toughest to navigate. Take it slow or go with or follow someone in there the first time. Gater

Comment

Be VERY careful in karankawa as you go around the second turn on the right half of the waterway there are reefs that are about 3-6 inches under the water and it doesnt matter how skinny you run you will hit them if you arent paying attention. Other than that you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by d.jake.patrick View Post
              Be VERY careful in karankawa as you go around the second turn on the right half of the waterway there are reefs that are about 3-6 inches under the water and it doesnt matter how skinny you run you will hit them if you arent paying attention. Other than that you should be fine.
              Chip knows where it is, has a john boat and still hits it every time!!

Comment

Thank you all. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

You guys say that Greens won't be a problem but the hot spot map says the whole thing is only a foot deep. I am planning on going out tomorrow afternoon. I get off at 11. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gater View Post
                    Take it slow or go with or follow someone in there the first time. Gater
                    If the boat your following is throwing up a 30' rooster tail.... Don't follow it...

Just sayin'
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by d.jake.patrick View Post

I have never hit them

Click image for larger version

Name:	titlumtatlum%20010.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	552129
                      Attached Files
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by dcalbert View Post
                        You guys say that Greens won't be a problem but the hot spot map says the whole thing is only a foot deep. I am planning on going out tomorrow afternoon. I get off at 11. Any help is appreciated.
                        Stay to the left as you enter the lake -- when you turn back to the right you will see a post with a traffic cone on it --- stay well to the left of it if you don't want to push. Once you get past that you'll see the opening to the grass flats in the back on the left. I suggest idling a lot back there till you figure out where the channels are.

Have fun!
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Jack it up - throttle down - drive by brail - gettum!
                          sigpic

Comment

With it beeing that shallow will there be fish there?

Comment

Karankawa can be a little tricky. Especially on a low tide. Greens and Jones should be fine.
                              Honk if you love Jesus.
                              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Working...
                              X