Going for deep water on 7-31 (Report)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for deep water on 7-31 (Report)

Finally I get a chance to go offshore. I am headed out in a friends 28footer with a total crew of 4 & twin 200s. Plan is to go out 60-75 miles into deep water and be back around 6pm.

Look for pictures, video and a report on Monday. Its been a year or so since I last went out.
    I will post from my phone when I make it back. I will have my handheld vhf just to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by PasadenaMan; July 29, 2010, 02:58 PM.
    NoBama

Good luck.....Weather should be perfect!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good luck..and bring back some fish.
      They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Good catching.Forecast looks great for the big pond
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

have a great trip and get some Groupers!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
            have a great trip and get some Groupers!!
            I hope I land one.
            NoBama

Comment

t minus 5 hours till I leave for Bridge Bait to launch and shall return no later than 7pm Saturday.
              NoBama

Comment

we made it back safely
                NoBama

Comment

Here is a nice picture of the sunrise on Saturday July 31, 2010
                  The morning started of for me drving to My mothers house in Pasadena from Conroe at 11pm. Woke up at 1:45 went to pick up my buudy that I invited.

The plan was to leave for free port at 3am. Well... he showed up at out meeting point close to 4am. None the less we arrive on time but the boat had been in the water for half an hour. They almos left without us

There were 1 to 2 foot sea but met up with 2's and occaisonal 4 foot waves. It was a bumpy ride out the first 20.

The water color at 45 miles was like Ny Quil blue, no weed lines to be seen at all. We hit the first rig to load up on bait but all we vould gather up were angel fish so we had no live bait to work with, just some sardines, cigar minnows and squid.

Long story short, we caught more Snapper than anything else. Too bad we could not keep a single one. I never though that I would ever say "Dang another snapper!" Check out the HD video I uploaded to youtube.

Launched from Bridge Bait.I my self had to release over 34# of red snapper.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by WestEndAngler; August 2, 2010, 07:45 AM. Reason: Fixing YouTube
                  NoBama

Comment

Good video.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Additional pix of 2 snapper I caught and released and the kid with teh blue shirt is the captains son Justice.
                      Attached Files
                      NoBama

Comment

Looks like a fun trip.Glad yall made it out
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice going!

Don't it PO ya that "We are outta Snapper" per NMFS and GC!!? I think they are on rebound here at least since we get about 6 weekends and most of those it's too dang rough to get out. If they'd hammer on the commercials that get almost 365 days of fishing for snaps, maybe we rec guys would have more snaps to keep. Pure BS going on in gummint-SSDD.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great report and pics......Looks like a blast!
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                            X