duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duck hunting

i would really like to get into duck hunting, anybody know where there is public land that i can start of at. what kind of gear is recommended besides your basic waterfowl gear? anybody have any room for a student?
    thanks in advance.

good public land is everywhere in texas. There are numerous spots on the coast in galveston and further east. But personally I prefer to go to conroe. Mostly because I hate getting all salty and having to have a boat and stuff, plus I live closer to conroe than the coastal spots...You can also just walk right in and hunt in conroe on the north end of the lake...As far as gear goes I would buy a nice pair of waders and dont waste your money on those crappy ones...spend about 180-200 on those...then buy a nice jacket that can keep you warm when it starts getting colder (drake is the best)...maybe get a mojo duck they really help especially if youre a beginner at calling...then get you a couple dozen decoys that are quality brands like flambeau or duck commander...but if you decide to hunt conroe this biggest mistake you can make there is putting out too many decoys!! I usually put out about 8 decoys maybe a couple on a jerk string...but thats all, when i first hunted there i put out about 2 dozen and couldnt get one bird to come into my spread.

Comment

I hunted at Anahuac last year and had pretty decent luck.

Comment

Working...
      X