Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool

Just got a ticket for "no brake lights" driving through Liverpool. I checked them again when I got home and everything worked..........guess I don't have a good ground. Anyway, maybe this will save someone else from getting a ticket. Make sure everything works and there is a 30mph speed trap...oops, I mean 30 mph speed limit going through town

Sorry to hear that. Rewire your ground (buy some wire or something at auto zone so you will have a receipt) and take some snap shots of it working and maybe the judge would have mercy on you. Sometimes with minor infractions like that they will work with you. Good luck.

Comment

Yea, I will replace my adapter and check all connections. Officer suggested that I bring any reciepts and pics of tail lights and then brake lights and judge my cut me some slack

Comment

I really wish he would have suggested I get home and fix the lights and if he caught me again it would be a ticket

Comment

Good deal, hope it works for you.

Comment

I hear ya. He must not have ever used or owned a trailer. Those lights can be tricky. Well lets hope the judge is understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
              I really wish he would have suggested I get home and fix the lights and if he caught me again it would be a ticket
              You were probably the only action he had all day.

Comment

Bummer !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Oh Boy,

Been there done that... When you go to court in Liverpool, ask for "Deferred Disposition", you will pay a fine, but since you don't live in Liverpool, it will go away after 30-days, barring you don't get another ticket in Liverpool. This happen to me... I had one tail light on my trailer not working when I got my ticket..

Now to fix your trailer ground problem. Most trailers rely on the connection of the trailer hitch to your trailer ball as the grounding source. Always keep a little grease on your trailer ball. But a better solution, and what I did, was get a good heavy insulated stranded wire and connect to your trailer tongue, on one end install one of those alligator clips like they use on a battery charger. When you connect your trailer to your truck, place this clamp to your truck frame, bumper, etc.. This will give you a more reliable ground. On my trailer, it actually made the lights burn brighter.

I hope this helps...

Good Luck...
                  "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                  "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

He should have never gave You a ticket. He should have let You know it was not working right and called it even. Azz hole probably needed a Midol or something. If You had them connected and they wasn't working right is one thing but going down the road without anything at all is another.
                    Beandaddy

Comment

Remember officer Fisher!
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Its all good.....just a heads up
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beandaddy View Post
                          He should have never gave You a ticket. He should have let You know it was not working right and called it even. Azz hole probably needed a Midol or something. If You had them connected and they wasn't working right is one thing but going down the road without anything at all is another.
                          Beandaddy

Yeah, I know what you mean, but her argument was that the tailight that wasn't working was the one with the license plate... All tags were up to date and everything was good... and after she wrote me the ticket, we left out and when we went over the RR tracks, both tailights were burning good. The visiting judge would not hear any excuses, if she stopped you for non-working lights, then you're in violation.
                          "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                          "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Working...
                          X