Taking my five-year-old fishing and looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking my five-year-old fishing and looking for advice

I'm planning on hitting the surf either next week around Tuesday or Wednesday. Weather looks like it might be favorable for good surf conditions, but we'll see.
    Anyways, i want to take my 5 year-old son and try to put him on some fish -- anything that's gonna tug the line to get him excited. I'm a die-hard arty fisherman, but I'll probably grab some shrimp for my son since this will be his first time fishing saltwater (he can cast pretty good already, for the most part. we have a lil pond nearby that I take him once in a while.)
    Although, it would be nice to get on some specks, I just want to make sure he's catching something (rather it not be hardheads the whole time). Does anyone have some advice on where I could take him? I saw in the last post that the rock groins were mentioned. I've fished Surfside and the pass quite a bit but haven't really fished Galveston seawall. Where do I find the rock groins?
    Any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to turn my somewhat interested son into loving fishing like I do

If some knows where I lot of Sand trout, i think that would be ideal for him. Thanx!

Comment

try the end of the seawall, going west

Comment

Working...
      X