tailers in another bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailers in another bay

Decided to try a few favorite shorelines in LGB this afternoon. I was rewarded on the first shoreline I looked at with a nice 4-5 pound red. I was running to check a flat that I usually catch good reds on when I noticed a group of several snowy egrets and ibis working a shoreline. I really never fish this flat so I idled slowly over to find out if any fishy predators were nearby. Interesetingly enough, they weren't right by the birds, but as I got close, I thought that I heard the distinct popping of a school of reds. I began to work my way towards the next point, where the sounds were coming from. As I neared the point, sure enough, there was a school of reds pushing down the shore chasing small white shrimp. I eased the boat near the point where I could intecept them. As they neared, I cast and caught the first fish.
    Of course, the school broke up a bit and then worked back in the direction that they came from. Around the point they began to form back up and chase shrimp again. They came right back around the corner, and I caught another. I got to repeat this drill one more time before I decided to head off to the flat that I was looking to fish.
    It was a fun afternoon, until the starting battery on the boat decided that it wasn't a going to do it's job anymore. Fortunately, I had the troll motor battery in the boat today and switched them and came home to prepare for tomorrows all day redfish run with DPop.
    Last edited by shallowist; August 22, 2010, 09:45 PM. Reason: typo
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Sounds like a good time...

I guess the Mitzi is working out ok huh Steve lol
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

thanks 4 the report
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I noticed early sunday morning Steve that the white schrimp were walking on water to.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report ....nice going !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
            X