Reds are running!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds are running!!

It is that time again for us to hit the surf to chase bull reds and large surf trout! This time last year is when Donna and I caught several nice reds and trout using live mullet or even dead shad.

Have fun out there and post some pics and reports if you get a chance to hit the rough surf this month!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

There running from Hermine!lol.I hope the run is awesome this fall!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I will tell you later this week when this storm passes!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

cool ! Iwill hit bolivar when it's on!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

You boys have fun with them big ones out there. If they won't hit a topwater, I don't really want to waste time soaking bait for them. I would like to run across a shool of them tearing up the top though. That would be fun. I have already had my share of big pulls on light rods this year with the jacks.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Just waitn' on Friday.
            Hopefully the weather will calm down by then.
            Going after them with the long rods or maybe night light fishing.
            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

I posted in a different post about something hitting my line like a freight train and didn't stop until he hit the rocks and cut my line. I'm almost certain it was a BIG bull red. I didn't catch a single undersized trout either so I know the big ones are running the surf as well. That was using live finger mullet too....can't wait til this storm passes and I can get back out there...in the mean time I'm
              Last edited by Got Fish?; September 7, 2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

the surf in matagorda was really good last fall.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Sounds fun, thanks for giving us a heads up.

Comment

Chip, you need to expand your horizons buddy! Believe me, I love reds on tops as well, but when you only have an hour or two to fish before doing to work, it is fun to catch a few nice reds. Went this morning, caught a 30" released, 27", 24' and 22" and an 18" trout. Going back again in the morning and then focusing on the SS coves Saturday and Sunday.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                    X