matagorda 2/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matagorda 2/14

my friend julie and i were heading out saturday to west matty. the fog was so incredibly bad we put the boat back on the trailer and went back to selkirk. we put the boat in the river and started drifting. about 5 minutes into the drift julie hooks up on a nice 17 inch spec. i put on a topwater and picked up it's twin. i had a few blow ups and had a great blow up and landed a nice 21 inch trout. the bite died. we repeated the same drift thinking we were out of the zone but a small front had just hit and they turned off. we went to west bay and made a circle and came back, the wind was more than i felt like dealing with. we drifted the diversion and i picked up another barely keeper trout. 4 trout total, but we're just happy they're hitting topwaters again. water temp, 65 degrees. come on spring.
    the interesting part of the trip was some guy who managed to run his 20 ft kenner up on the bank of the river. i idled up to him and asked him how in the hell he did that? he said he was messing w/ a plug in the back of the boat and lost control. there was no part of his boat in the water. i tied off to his boat and pulled him back into the river. it happened in front of my sister's pier so my family was there watching and laughing.
    michelle

Nice catchin' Michelle. They were blasting tops in Trinity today. It was really good to see em blasting away like that! Spring is coming quickly!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report Michelle. You sure it wasn't a Blackjack instead of a Kenner? I know someone who drives like that

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great report!!!

I've been high & dry before

A 1/2 second of too much throttle or too long a gulp of beer can get you in trouble
        Attached Files
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

it wasn't a black jack ap, otherwise he'd still be there and i'd be posting his picture right here.

Comment

Nope, cant throw me under the bus on this topic.....I would have "deftly" let down the power pole long before landfall.

Comment

Working...
            X