• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity w/ the 3 Amigos

Wind - NNE 10-20
    Water - Green w/visiblilty 2-3ft
    Water Level - about 1' low
    Tide - Slow outgoing

Tagged along to Trinity today with the 3 Amigo's. Left the ramp at about 8:30am
    I fished with Kevin and Steve fished with Walt.
    Started at a spot close to the ramp with no takers. Made a long run and spotted a few slicks, so stopped to check them out. I lost a hefty trout on a Corky Devil and next cast caught a 17" trout. No more takers so we moved and fished another slick with no more bites. We decided to move in shallower and work our way out to see if we could find the right depth. I hooked up with a nice little red at 22" in 1 1/2' and then Kevin caught a couple that were 24" & 28" & 8 lbs at about 2'.
    Made the drift a couple more times with lots of mullet flipping so I put on a top. I hooked up shortly and after ripping out about 10' of drag, the leader snapped. I had the drag too tight....oops. She was either a big red or trout. Kevin caught another slot red to finish off his limit. He caught 2 on a catch 2000 and 1 on a gulp shrimp.
    I was getting quite a few blow ups and hooked up again, but she spat it.
    Next drift I had a huge blow up, but never felt her. After waiting to feel her for about 10 seconds, Kevin said you either have her or you lost your lure, so I cranked about 20 times before she finally turned back away from me and I felt her. She put up a valiant fight, but I got her to the net. 24 1/2" trout 5.2 lbs. we got a few more bites with no takers and the bite shut off a few minutes later when the sun popped out.
    Walt and Steve didn't have as much luck. They couldn't find us while we were on the fish, and they had turned off by the time they they finally found us.
    It was a great day out there with the amigos and ended up back at the ramp about 2:45pm.
    Thanks guys for letting me tag along!

Last edited by imhammer; February 15, 2009, 08:52 PM.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Nice fish, especially that trout.
    Where did ya'll launch from?
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Launched at Thompson's and ran about 45 minutes around to the pocket. Tough ride back in the wind, but well worth it!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great report Chip!!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

thats a nice trout, i need to get me some corkys.. lost all mine to the debris.. good report
          Boats and hoes.

Comment

Nice job and report...thanks for sharing!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good report inhammer.
              He is dead on about the rough ride. I launched from Thompsons right at daylight and it was already rough there.
              Drifted a little around there to let the fog life some, wasn't to bad.
              Bumps here and there. Left there and headed towards Jacks Pocket but after about 15 minutes of that chop, decided not a good idea when you're by yourself. Better safe that sorry. It was just too rough for one man to make that run. Kenner will handle that water great, but it's just not worth it.
              Turn around and drifted the shoreline from spillway back in. Nothing to write home about on the catch.

Comment

Good job Chip.
                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this board. The Hammer man has graciously extended a welcome here. Thanks and a fine looking site I must add. I don't fish in West Bay except for the Jones Lake area and been doing that about 50 yrs, so there's a hint on my age! Looking forward to posting and I know a few of you folks already...

Yelp I'm one of those 3 Amigos, WD is me. Chip and Kevin Pictured did a fine job finding the fish, my partner and I in my boat did not fare as well. Matter of fact a Big Smelly Skunk between the two of us! But I did run the heck out of the motor and that was a good thing..

wd

Comment

Chip you better put us on fish like that next Sunday!!

Comment

U Got it

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                      Chip you better put us on fish like that next Sunday!!
                      I am planning on it. Hope for some good wading weather!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats a Fat trout! nice catch & report.
                        "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Nice catching,Congrats
                          NK
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                          X