Wbay 9.30.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 9.30.10

Haven't fished much lately, boat is in the shop, so I decided to get off my tired, old, #ss and hoof it. Hit the SS hpping to get lucky on a strong outgoing tide that lasted almost till sundown.

Starting chunking a clown ssjr., hooked up a with a throw back trout almost right away. Bait was everywhere, and I even spooked a few reds and trout on my way to the marsh drain I was hoping would hold fish.

Switched to plastics, 10w40 assasins, and starting catching undersize to about 17 inch trout. Kept five trout, and 2 reds at 20 and 23...ran out of 10w40 assasans and switched to Opening Night...didnt seem to make any difference. Caught the last 2 keeper trout on a green/chrome she dog...looking for that big blowup around dark, it never came but still was a blast watching the small trout slam it...the fish are definately energized with the cooler water...probably caught about a dozen trout and 6 reds, 2 reds were borderline keepers and 2 were rats.

Water was excellent, could see your feet at 3ft deep, wind was s/e around 5-10 to calm around 7 pm. Sunset was awesome...I'm going back tonight! OR19.
    Attached Files

nice report! great pic
    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Very nice,congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice thanks for the report!

Comment

Nice going and great report!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

WTG!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Those reds look super fat!

Comment

Return Trip...

Went back to the same spot around 3 last night and waded the outgoing till dark. No reds and couldn't by a bite on top...caught all 6 on plastic...truese goose paddle tail assasins mostly.

Better trout to 20 inches last night. Lost one nice trout at hand and released probably a half dozen undersized...a couple of the trout were an inch or 2 shorter when I walked out in the dark due to missing there tails...small sharks were the culprit I think...never saw anything messing with my stringer...

Caught all trout in 2.5 feet or less...
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the report

Comment

Very nice ..... thanks for the report !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What is the s.s. new to the galvesto area and havn't had any luck. I'm from corpus christi and a die hard wade fisherman but cant seem to find any fish around these parts and i've done my fair share of looking.n I ts getting frustrating.

Comment

nice stringer's!
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

What's SS?

Comment

Working...
                          X