PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Texangler
February 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'm new to the board after being lured over from 2cool. My group will be fishing SLP this weekend and we're looking for some decent wading spots. I've gotten some good advice already but was also wondering about the spot at the end of Sportsman Rd. Anyone have any idea if it will be worth a look on Saturday?

February 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome Mike! Hopefully the engine check in a little while will be a success and I'll be able to take ya'll to a few more fishing spots. Enjoy the site.

WestEndAngler
February 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
:welcome: its going to be pretty breezy... I got Mardi Gras all weekend and am contemplating even bringing the boat down!

FRIDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE
AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY CHOPPY.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS
CHOPPY.

SATURDAY
SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 15 TO
20 KNOTS TOWARD EVENING. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY CHOPPY INCREASING TO
CHOPPY TOWARD EVENING. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. BAY WATERS CHOPPY
TO ROUGH.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 10 TO 15
KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS CHOPPY DECREASING TO SLIGHTLY
CHOPPY IN THE AFTERNOON.

SUNDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS
SLIGHTLY CHOPPY.

South Shoreline might be holding some fish prior to the front pushing through... Looks like Saturday is your day on the South shoreline.

majek_maniac
February 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Welcome! See you out on the bay.

If I were you I'd bring the boat Coe, but thats just me. Have a fun and safe weekend guys.

Milkjug
February 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Welcome to FWE.

Sportsman's isn't bad but I prefer SLP for wading honestly. The sandy bottom is very nice. SR is closer though. I've caught reds along the shore and if you wade out to the reef, there are plenty of drum and sheephead to be had on dead shrimp if that's your thing.

Didn't know about that front coming in. I'll definently be out on Sat. morning, mabey Fri. evening too.

coachlaw
February 22nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Welcome! Good to see y'all out at Blockade Runners on Saturday.

nokatchin
February 23rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Welcome Aboard
NK

aqua pimp
February 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
welcome

AQUA PIMP

imhammer
February 23rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome Aboard!

WestEndAngler
February 23rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
If I were you I'd bring the boat Coe, but thats just me. Have a fun and safe weekend guys.

I brought the boat and ended up taking a pleasure cruise over to Blockade Runners... brought the fiance out for her 1st ride on the boat... Fished for 5 min and realized she's the type that needs a cork and shrimp... I have some teaching to do :D

majek_maniac
February 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Sounds like fun, thats how my wife is. I need to get a portable live/bait well for my boat for when she comes along. What is your plans for this weekend?

M.M.

WestEndAngler
February 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Not sure... I really want to get out and hit the water hard. There's a wedding show here in Houston this coming weekend hopefully that'll allow me get the free pass :D