East Matty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matty

Fished east yesterday with a good friend that frequents Port Mansfield with me. Yesterday, I added to one of the top 3 (MAYBE #2) trout this year! I was tight up against the south shoreline throwing spook jr's in about thigh deep water. Wind was pumping about 20 out of the south which I do like if I'm fishing right up against the shoreline. After only getting blow ups and the full moon still looming, I decided to break out a chrome/black she dog. After about 20 minutes a 29" TROUT exploded on the plug! Best blow up all year about 20 feet away! At first I thought she was a red since she kept circling and pulling drag. Soon as I got a look at her I knew she was a beast! Put her up against the waterloo 28" mark and her tail was still hanging down the cork and she was fat! We caught some more trout and reds. Next biggest trout was 24". After trompling through some marsh we called it quits. Great day on the H20!

Nice job and a great fish. Much better than I did on Friday. With the south wind, boats were stacked up on the south shoreline.

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Excellent !! Much better than we did Saturday .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report! got pic's
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great report......Awesome trout!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

SWEEET!!! That's a huge trout!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Nice. What a rush at 20' away!

Comment

Sorry no pics...We were talking about making sure we take a camera with us at all times. We drove and walked in this trip! But check this trout out from PM...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Great job!We will be hugging the south shoreline sunday.
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Wow! That's a big trout! Way to go!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                        X