How rough is too rough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rough is too rough?

FWE member Charlie and I have been grindin to catch some bull reds at the 53rd st jetty and the jetty at the end of the seawall jetties.

Been doing a lot of research online and keep hearing "the rougher, the better." My question is how rough is too rough (like today?)

From what I have heard it doesn't matter as long as you can stand it.

Comment

Nice,

The currents have been so strong that I cast a 14 ft pole 60 yards on the right side of the jetty and in 10 minutes, its gone all the way around and to the left, even with a 9oz spider weight AND 6 oz pyramid weight.

Comment

Where are you located? Freeport jetty is a bit bigger, so you could get away from the spray. It is also easy to walk on, and my buddy gets bulls there pretty regularly.

Comment

Steve I think we should give up going to the beachfront jetties after the night we had last night at the east end of the seawall in the ship channel. See my post I started in the Jetty Fishing forums about our BULL RED SLAUGHTER!

Comment

I went out again today and nothin!!! I think our spot is better when the beach is like a washing machine.

Comment

Working...
            X