Chocolate Bayou 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 11/14

My wife, Father and I jumped in the boat Sunday morning to do a little bayou fishing. I returned to the shoreline that I fished last Sunday to see what was biting. My Father hooked a speck right away and a few minutes later, I set the hook on what I thought was a shorline red. As I reeled in nice and slow waiting for some drag to be pulled, the fish dove straight down. FLOUNDER ON!!!!!! The flounder surfaced after a short fight. My Dad had the net in hand ready for me to bring the fish closer and then it happened. The damn hook bent back far enough for the flounder to spit it out towards my Dad's face. We both agreed the fish was 20" +/-.

We moved on up to a shoreline that lurefisher suggested and found the bait was being worked by some trout. I could hear the occasional trout smack so I decided to give a topwater a try. In the three years that I have taken up fishing, I have never experienced a topwater blow-up. Sunday, I watched my MirrOLure have four attempts made against it. While at the shoreline lurefisher told me about, the fifth attempt on my plug became my first topwater hook up (ever). A speck hit it and all ill feelings of the lost flounder were gone. lurefisher was thanked with a PM today.

My wife and Dad caught a few specks each between them and they both hooked the same tree a total of three times.

bouy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buoy37; November 15, 2010, 11:30 PM.

It was good seeing you out there again.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice report and catching,congrats.
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Comment

congrats,I need to take a ride with ya Bouy there is so many more spots on that bayou 1
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
            congrats,I need to take a ride with ya Bouy there is so many more spots on that bayou 1
            My boat is at Lute's right now ready to go.
            Last edited by 007; November 16, 2010, 12:14 PM.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice going Buoy! WTG LF!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                My boat is at Lute's right now ready to go.
                Are you going? what time?
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Man nice outing WTG! Fishing with the fam is always a blast
                  A Living Legend

Comment

Nothing in the world like cathing them on top. Way to go!!
                    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

WTG buoy, way to spread the word Deano greenies to both!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                      X