First time @ Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time @ Chocolate

I'm going to play hooky and make a quick fishing trip tomorrow. I am trying to decide between Clear Lake/Kemah and Chocolate Bayou. I want to try Chocolate and launch at Lutes but I have never been there. From Lutes where are the fishing holes? Any info would be appreciated. Also are there any hidden objects (that could damage the boat) that I should know about?
    Thanks
    Scott

I would hit chocolate over Clear Lake. I'm not familiar with lutes, but if you follow the channel into the bay I know the spoil reefs on each side of the channel can be productive at times. Keep your eye open for birds too!

Comment

If you're looking for fish, ask Barbra at Lutes. Otherwise, look for the birds.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'm with TTu wader i would hit chocolate saturday....they say the winds are going to be light.If the winds were out of the north hit clear lake.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Fish the spoils on either side of channel like he said or look for the pvc marking the reefs and drift them. The mouths of new bayou and warden camp are also hot spots.
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

im on my way today, will be in a 22ft bluewave.

Comment

Chocolate

I would fish Chocolate over Clear Lake (especially on a Saturday).

The bayou is safe to fish with minimal hazards. Watch for signs of bait.

If you venture out into the bay. Idle when leaving the channel until you learn the area.

Supporting Lutes and spending a little money (Cokes, beer and ice) with them increases your chance of landing fish

Comment

Well I chickened out on Chocolate and went to Kemah insted. Ended up with 3 Keeper drums, Reeling in 2 sheep heads(threw them back) and 1 under sized Red that had to go back in the drink all in all it was a fun day. I still want to try Chocolate though. Maybe this Sunday? Is anyone headed there Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                X