Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass area Nov 26-27, 2010

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.
    The arctic front pushed through here late Thursday night, we were in the low 70's at dark Thursday and woke up to 35 - 40 mph wind out of the north with the temperature at 38 and showers at daylight. I called my customers who had flown in from Edmund Oklahoma area and only had Friday to fish, to suggest we wait until 10 to leave to let the showers move out and luck was on our side and they did, but it was still blustery and cold as we took out across the bay. The south wind for 3 days had pushed the water back into the bay and the norther had not pushed it out so we had 1/2' -2' of extra water and the fish were scattered. They only wanted to keep enough fish for supper for them and their wives and luck was on our side and managed to do that with a nice red and some black drum. We started fishing protected drops along the flats and if the water was over 3 1/2' deep the perch were a nuisance but we managed to find several smaller keeper drum for entertainment. These guys were troopers to hang in there in the cold blustery weather and enjoyed their day on the water despite the conditions.
    Thanks guys for a great time in some tough weather conditions.

Saturday the wind was a little lower and about 10 the cloud cover broke off and the sun came out. I fished a friend and his girlfriend from San Antonio, she had not been fishing before like we did that day. She did a great job learning to cast, work lures and bait, and caught her first trout and red fish on her own, I was sure proud of her. The water was down about 4'' from Friday, which left us still high. We started off working drops along the flats in a protected area and only managed to catch a undersized flounder. We moved to flats and drifted sand pockets and grass with 1 - 2' water. We had easily over 20 keeper reds follow bait all the way back to the boat but couldn't get them to take anything, we threw everything we had at them. Mid afternoon the wind laid and shifted back to the east and we worked some deep water shell and mud and picked up lot of 14 7/8" to 15 1/8'' trout and managed 1 nice 17'' and a few large sand trout. Thanks folks for a great time on the water and look forward to having you back again.
    Capt. Mike O'Dell

Aransas Passs, TexasClick image for larger version

Name:	101_0146web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	568050

Thanks for the report Capt!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good, bad, or ugly days we all have them and I will tell them as I see it on myself.
      Thanks,
      Capt. Mike

Comment

Thanks for the report's Capt Mike!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
        X