8 Mile/ Sportsmans Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Mile/ Sportsmans Road

I hear about people wading and launching yaks from here but I don't have a clue where these roads are. Any info or map links would be appreciated.

Click on directions/location on right hand column.
    We’ve created the SPORTSMAN ROAD BLOG to enlist the help of others to preserve and protect this special place.

Comment

Hey now, don't go talking about my top secret spot in the open like that. Kidding, I'm guessing your new to the area?

You go N. on 8 mile, then hang a L. shortly before it dead ends into the bay.

A post I made a while back...
      http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/sho...Sportsman-s-Rd.

Comment

Milkjug, Thanks for the info! I wasn't around when you posted it the first time. I've never fished Sportsman's road before.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I launched from there this past saturday and saw a bunch of waders there.. pretty cool location.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            Hey now, don't go talking about my top secret spot in the open like that. Kidding, I'm guessing your new to the area?

You go N. on 8 mile, then hang a L. shortly before it dead ends into the bay.

A post I made a while back...
            http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/sho...Sportsman-s-Rd.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty new to wading and kayaking west bay. As for parking, does everyone just line up behnd one-another out there?

Comment

Great question! I'd like opinions on that too.
              From the looks of the gmaps, it looks like people park at the end or on the south side of the road away from the houses. Is that it?
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

103rd street u can walk in and wade the reef in front.. Airway Ln u can walk in and wade towards offats.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                  103rd street u can walk in and wade the reef in front.. Airway Ln u can walk in and wade towards offats.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=2...35963&t=h&z=16
                  great info! thanks
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	553662 Here goes a place that gets missed alot....crash basi. u can bank fish here. This is a red fish I caught here in January last year. I caught two that day, and some trout. If u look at the map I posted U can see a it in travel air rd

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]10838[/ATTACH] Here goes a place that gets missed alot....crash basi. u can bank fish here. This is a red fish I caught here in January last year. I caught two that day, and some trout. If u look at the map I posted U can see a it in travel air rd
                      Good info! Thanks for posting info on the crashboat basin. I haven't even thought to try there.
                      Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; December 3, 2010, 09:49 AM.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Crash Basin is real real deep. One time I tried wading it, and walking about 4ft from the the grasline, boom down under I went. LOL!!!! After that I dont wade this area, Luckily I was OK!!!! I just cast from land, there is alot of rocks underneath when reeling in so be fast. Here goes another picture. U can get a good see of the area. This was the other redfish of the dayClick image for larger version

Name:	Image031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	553663

Comment

Great shots!!

So back to sportsman road ...um, is it okay to just go and park in front of peoples houses like that??? I mean, that would totally make me mad

-Marco

Comment

Great spot, Sportsman road, you should be able to find lots of fish but be warned... that's "sting ray city!"

fishingRED, caught a few flatties over there a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Last summer my buddy got bumped by a bull shark there in the gut, between the two "islands"

Comment

Working...
                              X