12/1 fly report...really low tide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/1 fly report...really low tide

Put in at the pass again today. Tide was way low. Found the fish at the edges of deaper guts running along the flats. As the tide came in the fish became more active but didn't venture far from the deaper water. They didn't make it into the more shallow water till late in the day when it was tough to see them against the sun. They did make quick jumps into the flats from the deeper water which is were I nailed em. It was kinda like just waiting around for one to make that mistake of showing himself within casting distance and then he was mine. Found one school of about 30 cruising and slurping little bitty shrimp at the edge of a flat and picked off a few rat reds from that school. Ended up with 6 reds. 3 smaller ones from that school and 3 keepers that made that mistake of venturing out of the deeper water. The largest was 26". The tide was returning to near normal levels by the end of the day. Wind was nothing out of the north switching to south about 5-10. Water was dirty starting out but cleared up as the day progressed. The stage seems set for tomorow?
    Attached Files

GGreat report....Thanks!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Looks like you had a great day.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Hey man - nice work. Giving me inspiration to get out when I get back to Texas.
        Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
        and
        Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Very good report Jighead! thanks. I'd give ya green if I knew how but since the change, I don't know how to give green.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice day,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Looks like you had a good day.I see that you like the Temple Fork rods,I think they are great .Did you catch all the fish on the spoon fly ?

Skiffstiff

Comment

Way to go!Great report.
                Don't worry, Robalo. I'll Green him!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good report.
                  Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by SKIFFSTIFF View Post
                    Looks like you had a good day.I see that you like the Temple Fork rods,I think they are great .Did you catch all the fish on the spoon fly ?

Skiffstiff
                    Started out with mullet imitation fly but they would only look at it and not take it. Tried white shimp fly and grizzly sea deucer with the same results. Then the the spoon fly did the trick. I think maybe its because after a strip it still has good movement as it sinks?

Comment

Working...
                    X