• Show
Clear All

• txwhaler 22
    replied
    they only like sweet meat Brad ....your safe LOL

Leave a comment:

• Baby Tran Cat
    replied
    All that money spent on boats and you get out of them? You spear guys are NUTS! Killed too many damn sharks in my life...they got my name posted on wanted posters down there...

Leave a comment:

• Moonpie
    replied
    Neat-O!
    I've got an ancient Mares(same as JBL) 38 Special that just got new bands.
    She's ready to spear something!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Bolen
    replied
    Sweet gun and good choice. I still have a mag and 38 that are swimmasters from before JBL bought em out. They gotta be good too still be around that long. I talked them out from under my first scuba instructor. I do like what riffe has to offer as well. I have used my buddies and they are sweet straight shooters too.

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    JBL Gulf Magnum XHD 6MM SS Shaft / 4" Gulf Slip Tip w/ spare, spare ss shaft, spare band, spare bungee. Just need some cable and some 400LB tuna cord so I can let go of the gun. Thanks to Leisure Pro for hooking me up! Once you have your order together, call them I got my speargun for $40 cheaper than what was advertised on the internet! They have specials running all the time, I got lucky!

Leave a comment:

• Milkjug
    replied
    Yeah, lemme know what you get.

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Pulling the trigger on some accessories soon. Yan I'll probably have to call you.

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Sounds good hopefully I can practice in a pool first before hitting the water lol

Leave a comment:

• Milkjug
    replied
    I would just get yourself a standard float line. A bungee line is too prone to cutting on rig legs or reef. Your gun will likely have a small bungee right where the cable attatches to the gun anyways. I have a Riffe brand float line and it is good quality and doesn't tangle easily Bungee is still better for strong fish in open water though.

Make sure it is at least 1.5x the depth that you will be diving. If it is too short, it will pull tight too early and limit your diving.

Coe, on the first day that is good to go out this season, we should get out to clear water and spend a little bit of time practicing shots on a fish dummy target. You will get the feel for it really quick, and it's not like most spearfishing shots are long range. It is also good for getting the rythm of reloading down, which can be quite an affair underwater if you're not used to the gun.

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Adam has been pointing me in right direction on getting my spear gun rigged up correctly etc... One question I did have what is the best float / shock line to have or get for Wahoo or Kings... I'm not going to be a great shot right of the bat so need something that can hold up fine in open water over a reef or near the legs of the platforms we all frequent during the summer.

Leave a comment:

• adambayam
    replied
    Thanks for the gracious welcome!

Adam

Leave a comment:

• ScubaRu
    replied
    Originally posted by adambayam View Post
    Hey board,

In response to the original post, my name is Adam and I am the online Leisure Pro guru. If you have any questions or comments related to our site, merchandise or anything else feel free to contact me personally.

Safe diving,
    Adam
    Yell Heah, thats pretty awesome right there!

Leave a comment:

• ScubaRu
    replied
    Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    I've seen that photo... if its the one I'm thinking of with two guys side by side?
    Thats the one.

Leave a comment:

• adambayam
    replied
    Hey board,

In response to the original post, my name is Adam and I am the online Leisure Pro guru. If you have any questions or comments related to our site, merchandise or anything else feel free to contact me personally.

Safe diving,
    Adam

Leave a comment:

• WestEndAngler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScubaRu View Post
    Have you been to Maximum Scuba in Seabrook? They're pretty much a spearo shop with a little bit of dive gear, hosted about 6 or 7 tournaments this past year. HydroSports Scuba in Lake Jackson, the whole Cryer family (the owners) are deadly with the steel, hold numerous state records spearing on scuba, Michelle spears freediving, and they are on a first name basis with the Riffe's. Lots of hidden talent right here local. Keith Love runs trips every weekend for Max Scuba, he won King Spearo at The Helldiver's Rodeo this year and I've personally seen his boat come in with 2 Amberjack in the same trip that were 110+ and bigger than the current state record at the time!
    I've seen that photo... if its the one I'm thinking of with two guys side by side?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X