Ended the year with a bang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ended the year with a bang.

Well this year has been slow for me. I haven't got to get on the water much and when I did I was targeting only one species flounder. So today I decided to go after the trash fish, reds, drum, and sheeps head. Got out on the water by 8 was wanting to wait until the fog lifted a little before heading down to galveston but I couldn't take it. I paddled to a deep hole with soft mud and scattered shell and dropped fresh dead on the bottom. I brought another pole for arti fishing while I was waiting for something to take the shrimp. I didn't have to wait very long when both of my rods doubled over. The one in my hand with a rat red on the end of it and on the dead shrimp a puppy drum.

It continued to be like this the whole time the tide was ripping in and then the tide started shifting and the bite shut off. I called it a day around 1130. I caught 12 rat reds, 5 puppy drum 1 keeper drum that I released and a nice sheeps head that I plan to blacken and serve with rice tonight.

Tomorrow I hope to start the year off with a bang. Going to go try and gig me some flat fish before sun rise and get home and head to the Texans game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	571063Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	571064Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB