X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishingRED
    replied
    Originally posted by oleander kayaker View Post
    no problem, here's one... 29.315759,-94.913378 (a catch crabs spot, too)
    lol.......... Never been, i wonder......

Anybody had much luck here?

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    LOL! I had no idea what that place was until I thought about it a little more. :P

Leave a comment:

• Oleander Kayaker
    replied
    Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
    u CAN SEND ME UR "CATCH FISH" CORDINATES ANY TIME U WANT...........
    No problem, here's one... 29.315759,-94.913378 (a catch crabs spot, too)

Leave a comment:

• fishingRED
    replied
    Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
    I find the GPS much more useful than the fish finder, not only marking waypoints for holes or where I catch something, but also to review my breadcrumb trail. When I overlay my breadcrumb trail and waypoints over google earth, I can sometimes pick out the bottom structure. It's kinda fun.

The depth finder helps me find guts as I'm paddling.
    u CAN SEND ME UR "CATCH FISH" CORDINATES ANY TIME U WANT...........

Leave a comment:

• Oleander Kayaker
    replied
    Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
    How many people with kayak really find a gps or fish finder useful ???????
    I find the GPS much more useful than the fish finder, not only marking waypoints for holes or where I catch something, but also to review my breadcrumb trail. When I overlay my breadcrumb trail and waypoints over google earth, I can sometimes pick out the bottom structure. It's kinda fun.

The depth finder helps me find guts as I'm paddling.

Leave a comment:

• fishingRED
    replied
    I NEVER USED A GPS NOR A FISH FINDER.

Landmarks and google maps are my GPS and getting off the kayak and wading is my fish finder....... but again, i dont catch much fish. LOL!!!!

OH and my paddle helps with depth of the water, wading is mostly for structure.

How many people with kayak really find a gps or fish finder useful ???????
    Last edited by fishingRED; March 2, 2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: add

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    Actually I just downloaded a gps app on my phone. I just want something to mark places. I had a few places that I used landmarks to get to by boat. I knew a series of guts near the causeway and they were marked by pvc pipes on shore. Now those pvc pipes are gone so I have to find them again :P

Leave a comment:

• reelshallow
    replied
    i also have the cuda.... but never really used gps land marks are key...i have had to pull out my iphone on rivers though

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    That would be sweet! And you said it needs power cable and transducer?

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawg View Post
    I have a Lowrance X65 fishfinder that you can have
    Free!!!! It is just sitting in the case collecting dust.

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    How much do you want the X65 for?

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    Still have the X65 if you still need it,found transducer & power cable online for $65,fishfinder new cost $289

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    Yes, I still have the mounts, I have the new transducer mount from the new fishfinder, mine is mounted on my trolling motor.

Leave a comment:

• Oleander Kayaker
    replied
    I have an Eagle Cuda (cheapo) from Academy. It's small, has low power requirement and if it gets damaged, no great loss. I use a handheld GPS, one that can download my breadtrail and allow me to upload points I pull from other sources.

If you have a GPS in the fishfinder, or the finder has (or you use) a deep depth range, your power requirement goes up. You have to balance the power needs of the finder with the size of the battery. Otherwise you'll be dragging along a big battery to get 4 hours of use. I have a fairly small battery and can get 4+ hours out of it.

Most used ones are likely damaged, and unless you find an honest fellow like Dawg, I'd be wary of buying a used one with unknown issues. If you pick up Dawgs, I'll be happy to help you fix it.

Dawg, does it have the console and transducer mount?

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    I have a Lowrance X65 fishfinder that you can have, just need power cable & transducer,rats chewed thru them in my old storage unit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X