468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Dad, Thanks for making me a Cards fan. Congrats Giants fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Dad, Thanks for making me a Cards fan. Congrats Giants fans.

Last year's World Series Champiionship was amazing. Game 6 was the best baseball game I had ever seen in my life. I think it was over-taken by the victory this year over Washington, coming back from 6 runs down. I really enjoyed this year, even though it's over now. It was a heckuva year. No Tony, no Albert. Didn't know what to expect. Somewhere my great grandfather and my grandfather are smiling, as they enjoyed the Buffs and the Cards as much as Dad and I. They came from nowhere to make it this far. Unfortunately there was only so much magic in the hat.

As for this series, you've gotta hand it to the Giants. Their starting pitching, which didn't look like it would be up to the challenge, SHUT DOWN the hot bats of the Cards the last 3 games. 2 runs in 3 games, you're going to lose whether you pitch and play defense well or not. I always despised the Giants because of the cancer on humanity that was Barry Bonds, but this edition has really gained my respect.

I know there's a buzz saw named Verlander waiting for them in Detroit, but I can't root for a pansy arse American League team, no matter how much I respect Leyland. So, GO GIANTS, and a big congrats to Giants fans. From what I can tell, they'll only get better next year . . . . and we'll see you then . . . . . But not in Houston.

Danged American League. Danged crooked commissioner.

Thanks Dad for making me love baseball, and for making me love the St. Louis Cardinals.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."
Working...
X