Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evansmarine
    replied
    I have a Curado 200, and the 50e and love both of them. My favorite is my 10+ year old Calcutta that everyone says is a piece of crap. I pulled it off the bottom of Clear Lake fishing one day, cleaned it up and has been my favorite since. I just got one of the 25.00 Mettle H2O Express bait casters from the black Friday sale at academy, and it really is a good little bait caster. It's just what you feel comfortable throwing. I personally have bad luck with braid on my bait casters, but love it on my spinners.

Leave a comment:

• reeltime
    replied
    Cant wait to see pic's of a Jhuanest!

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    Final verdict...I have two Curado 50e's. I'll start chunking em soon.
    Last edited by Jhua; December 8, 2011, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlatoutFishin
    replied
    Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
    Well, with the preponerance of misspelling here, I should be easily forgiven for my faux pas.

I have a Citica, and I still stand by what I said. The biggest problem with baitcasters is the high maintenance. If they were women, they'd be Veronicas, not Betties.
    Some baitcasters ar Ferraris...most spinners are Hyundais!

Leave a comment:

• Gilbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Jhua View Post
    I'm sorry for your...um... problem

Dang it! The Caius is made in Malaysia! GAHHH

so is the new curado.

Leave a comment:

• Torque
    replied
    For all around, baitcasting is the way to go. However, as Coach says, there's a place and time for spinning as well. I use spinning around docks, pilings, etc...... or when friends fish with me.

Leave a comment:

• Jhua
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Marx
    I use the Cyalis and it works real good.
    I'm sorry for your...um... problem

Dang it! The Caius is made in Malaysia! GAHHH

Leave a comment:

• coachlaw
    replied
    Well, with the preponerance of misspelling here, I should be easily forgiven for my faux pas.

I have a Citica, and I still stand by what I said. The biggest problem with baitcasters is the high maintenance. If they were women, they'd be Veronicas, not Betties.

Leave a comment:

• FlatoutFishin
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
    he isn't talking about the calais coach. shimano came out with a baitcaster thats under the citica called caius.

LMAO....reading comprehension 101!

Leave a comment:

• Hogie70
    replied
    Take it back the suck stick to the coffee grinders... Or the Zebco 202... Whatever you use...

Leave a comment:

• Curmudgeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Marx
    I use the Cyalis and it works real good.

Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Gilbert
    replied
    he isn't talking about the calais coach. shimano came out with a baitcaster thats under the citica called caius.

Leave a comment:

• coachlaw
    replied
    As baitcasters go, those are pretty much top of the line. Once you get it dialed in, you won't have much backlash trouble with them. I reckon you already bought them, so why not keep them. Spool one up and stow the other for the future. I figure once you try the Calais, you'll want to sell the Curado. Baitcasters have their place. They're at their best when drifting and wading. Otherwise, spinners are more versatile, despite what the bass fishermen here say. I can't even afford one Calais, so mozeltov and enjoy. I have one baitcaster and I use it every once in a while when drifting. The best fishermen I know use both to their advantage in different situations.

Leave a comment:

• fishcrazydan
    replied
    you wont regret learning how to use a baitcast. theres something magical about the feel of one in your hand. i feel like im a lot more accurate with one and can throw one farther. you will love it. just dont get discouraged if you dont get it one your first cast. takes a little practice but totally worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Curmudgeon
    replied
    I like spinners but I can't throw them worth a darn! There's quite a learning curve with baitcasters. It took me half a year to make a decent cast without backlashing. Now I can do it every other cast! One more reason I switched to braid. It's a lot easier to pick out the birds nests.
    I picked up a 50e and a H2O Mettle to check out. I'm looking forward to trying them out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X