Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbert
    replied
    I would get flatoutfishin to give you his track off his gps.

Leave a comment:

• Robalo
    replied
    Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
    I would look at Google earth before and get a general idea how the sandbars are laid out. I marked it this summer in my boat. From the boat ramp take it slow and follow the channel around the huge sandbar, after you pass bird island a ways there are pvc poles marking the channel into the bay. Follow them close because it gets shallow fast on both ends.
    Coming from the Pass area towards West bay, keep those poles TTU put out on your RIGHT. Going from say Sea Isle to SLP, the poles are on your LEFT. Best bet is to follow someone and stay at least 100 yards behind them (they may not know where they're going!) so you don't mess up or run into them if they miss a turn or pole!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lurefisher
    replied
    Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
    I would look at Google earth before and get a general idea how the sandbars are laid out. I marked it this summer in my boat. From the boat ramp take it slow and follow the channel around the huge sandbar, after you pass bird island a ways there are pvc poles marking the channel into the bay. Follow them close because it gets shallow fast on both ends.

Yep ! That's it !

Leave a comment:

• TTU Wader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• surfsideg
    started a topic Navigating San Luis into West Bay

Navigating San Luis into West Bay

Maybe a dumb question....Any suggestions on navigating between area by boat launch at San Luis over into West Bay. Never been on the water there, just see lots of sand bars visible at low tide. I know there are channels, so I'm guessing you just go by prior trips, look closely at water color/depth, look for current trails and stay away from heavy rippling currents. I'm guessing that these channels change over time fairly regularly. I have a shallow running boat, but I don't want to beach or swamp it in that area.
Working...
X