Fishing a full moon at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing a full moon at night

Mallardslayer77 's question about lights and full moon fishing reminded me to ask.......has anyone had any success fishing at night with a full moon without any other light source ? Why did you go to where you fished if so ? You know the theory about fish feeding on a full moon .

I fished a full moon all night 3 times . I lost a good fish in a cove crawling a broken back in a foot of water near the shore at about 4 am....half asleep in my kayak . Same place a year later and the tide was going out...no good . Nothing but mosquitos . Then about 7 years ago i waded all night dollar point in the spring on a full moon . Well's triple x day . Landed 5 fine 23-24 inch trout from a school as the sun rose to my right and the moon set on my left . Lost some others . They moved out too deep for me in 30 minutes . Then other waders started showing up . After an hour or so 2 guys were throwing live shrimp and one said " this is a xxx day and there"s no fish . That"s all bs " i thought " you should have been here earlier . But i digress . Full moon fishing in the summer makes sense....no boat traffic , cooler water in shore , no blazing heat . But it seems they don't feed until early morning anyway . I think an incoming tide is a must if fishing a cove . So , what say you ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Full moon= bite at noon.

Comment

Right , right .....later bite because they been feeding at night . But from my experience not much night feeding is going on....remember , no lights .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The silence is deafening.......heard capt. Micky eastman on the sunday morning 610 am fishing talk show say he didn't take much stock in fish feeding more at night on a full moon . Then he said he had fished at night with trout feeding but not catching any until light .

Comment

I fish quite a bit over night during the full moon. Its just like fishing during the day but with zero bozo's on the water to ruin it for you. I didn't get to fish this weekend but I know some who did and they got into some trout and reds. I'll catch the next one.

Comment

one of my most memorable night fishing trips was about 3 summers ago. Clear water in east matagorda bay. Fishing one of the coves and as you walk in the water was lighting up with the bioluminescence. We were wading and just checking it out and we see a bunch of light coming from the middle of the cove. We slow walk withing casting distance and mullet would dart off leaving a lighted trail. We start working the top waters and man, the explosions would light up something wicked. You could see the fish coming after your topwater from them lighting up under water. You could see where the schools of reds were swimming along the shoreline. It was just something you had to see. It was one of the better trips I had been on and one of the reasons I like night fishing. you can't see stuff like that during the day.

Comment

Fishing a full moon at night

Sounds beautiful.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Caught a few Saturday night at the Pass at around 3-till sunrise on a morning glory devil eye. Wading out to the spot was a little eery, but other than that...just chunk and and work it like daytime!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

sounds really beautiful
                  FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    one of my most memorable night fishing trips was about 3 summers ago. Clear water in east matagorda bay. Fishing one of the coves and as you walk in the water was lighting up with the bioluminescence. We were wading and just checking it out and we see a bunch of light coming from the middle of the cove. We slow walk withing casting distance and mullet would dart off leaving a lighted trail. We start working the top waters and man, the explosions would light up something wicked. You could see the fish coming after your topwater from them lighting up under water. You could see where the schools of reds were swimming along the shoreline. It was just something you had to see. It was one of the better trips I had been on and one of the reasons I like night fishing. you can't see stuff like that during the day.
                    got any more shrooms?
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      got any more shrooms?
                      Hahahahaha
                      Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

got any more shrooms?
                        I remember those from way back.....dang!!!
                        "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
                        "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

Originally posted by gilbert View Post
                          i fish quite a bit over night during the full moon. Its just like fishing during the day but with zero bozo's on the water to ruin it for you. I didn't get to fish this weekend but i know some who did and they got

into some trout and reds. I'll catch the next one.
                          that's what i'm talking about , thank you gilbert . And cool fishing story . The night i fished the cove , i heard a big splash , and saw a blowup next to the opposite shore . Then coming at me was for all the world what appeared as an underwater flying disc . A circle of green lights was going clockwise and another circle going counterclockwise . It past 10 feet to my left . I figuered a 3 foot ray got spooked .

Thanks for sharing . And a greenie for being able to spell bioluemiphos pho nescent stuff .

Comment

Did you see the size of that CHICKEN???!
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

got any more shrooms?

maybe one day you will get permission to go. Leave your shrooms at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X