Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moe
    replied
    No problem. I'm eligible again next summer. I look forward to winning again!! Ha!!

Leave a comment:

• pieman
    replied
    Moe, thanks for all the info. I hope I get to use it soon!!! Still chasin tail!

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied
    Yes, I got a 1099. You pay sales tax on the boat, motor, and trailer each, plus all registration and license fees too. A trip to the county and tp&w.

Leave a comment:

• corndog
    replied
    Originally posted by J.R. View Post
    Wow!...I wonder what an $80,000 redfish tastes like!!
    It taste like a bald eagle!!!

Leave a comment:

• SCHU
    replied
    Moe, did you get a 1099 form to add the cost of the rig to your income taxes for that year? Just curiuos. R did you just have to pay the "sales tax" on it?

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
    Fact is they don't tell you up front. Lots of people don't have 10k or the ability to borrow it.

You do not have to pay the taxes up front. You fill out a form and pay it off in monthly installments. The IRS works with you. Yes, CCA explained the taxes up front and I learned about the installments by calling the IRS.

Moe

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied
    Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
    Yea,and I wonder what that $10-12,000 T,T&L tastes like that comes with that truck/boat package....which btw comes out of your pocket."Enjoy your new truck and boat sir!",Oh,by the way,here's a bill for 10 grand".
    Please allow me to help you with your tax numbers. The personal income tax will cost you just under 1/4 of the value of the truck/boat package. My taxes on the boat I won ran right at $8k. Taxes on the truck/boat will be around $17k-$18k! You could sell that pkg for $60k-$70k, pay your taxes and still have a nice little chunk o change for catching a tagged red! Not bad! Enjoy!!

The majority of caught tagged reds do not qualify due to not being registered in the tourney. The lie detector test is not that difficult. The process is simplified! Still does not mean you won't be nervous, but it is not as difficult as you think.

Moe

Leave a comment:

• JT
    replied
    Originally posted by Robalo View Post
    My Skeeter was a Door Prize for the AADE Tourney. heck, taxes were gladly paid by the winner.
    Did you win that like I won that Yeti at your tournament? Lmao

Leave a comment:

• Robalo
    replied
    My Skeeter was a Door Prize for the AADE Tourney. heck, taxes were gladly paid by the winner.

Leave a comment:

• JT
    replied
    Yea,and I wonder what that $10-12,000 T,T&L tastes like that comes with that truck/boat package....which btw comes out of your pocket."Enjoy your new truck and boat sir!",Oh,by the way,here's a bill for 10 grand".
    LOL. And then you get a 1099 for the cost of the Bote/truck and get to pay taxes to the IRS.

Still a great deal but it will cost you those taxes. I'd love to catch one.

Leave a comment:

• dbarham
    replied
    Yea,and I wonder what that $10-12,000 T,T&L tastes like that comes with that truck/boat package....which btw comes out of your pocket."Enjoy your new truck and boat sir!",Oh,by the way,here's a bill for 10 grand".[emoji107]
    Yup exactly

Leave a comment:

• dbarham
    replied
    Yea,and I wonder what that $10-12,000 T,T&L tastes like that comes with that truck/boat package....which btw comes out of your pocket."Enjoy your new truck and boat sir!",Oh,by the way,here's a bill for 10 grand".[emoji107]
    Yep I know a guy here in town Robert Goode sr who won the flounder division he sold it quick as rain just as Moe did!

Leave a comment:

• Ibtsoom
    replied
    Originally posted by pieman View Post
    ?? Im confused. You win a boat package worth 80K but your more worried about the 10K taxes? Maybe my math is not too good but that is still a 70K payday........
    Fact is they don't tell you up front. Lots of people don't have 10k or the ability to borrow it.

Leave a comment:

• pieman
    replied
    ?? Im confused. You win a boat package worth 80K but your more worried about the 10K taxes? Maybe my math is not too good but that is still a 70K payday........

Leave a comment:

• Beandaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by J.R. View Post
    Wow!...I wonder what an $80,000 redfish tastes like!!
    Tastes like Crow!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X