Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting from Seattle

Hello,
    A quick intro, I am a flyfisherman from the Seattle area. I do plenty of both fresh and saltwater fishing in WA state.
    I'll be visiting Sugarland TX for a family wedding in the end of this November for the weekend. I was thinking of taking my fly rod along and fish for a few hours in the morning, the nearest saltwater from Sugarland seems to be Chocolate bayou. Would it be productive to fish from the bank around the 2004 boat launch in the morning? What kind of fish can be caught around there? Reds? Speckled trout?
    Lastly, should I be worried about gators? Any tips for this or other nearby area would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Not really sure as I don't fish that area. There are some people one here that do flyfish that can help you. With the right tackle you should be able to get some trout or reds up there if you can find a place to walk up. There are a lot of neighborhood ponds everywhere in the area that have some good largemouth bass in them. That would always be an option. Also there are a few guides on there that sight cast with flies to redfish in the back marshes. Jeremy Chavez and Steve Soule would be great options if you want to go that route.

Comment

It’s not likely that you would see an alligator and if you do they tend to not bother you especially if it’s gotten cold and they are sluggish . The only exception is that they are keenly aware of democrats and have been known to stalk and devour them by surging from the water and even pursuing them onto the land . That would be the younger alligators. The mature alligators have learned that Democrats tend to have rancid , foul , tough meat unappealing even to them and usually disgorge the putrid stuff in less than 24 hours which helps in body identification . Some have even died from food poisoning if it was a life long Democrat as the toxins and vitriol increase with age . Just wear your MAGA cap and you will be fine . Welcome to Texas !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X