East Bay 4/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay 4/30

What a day to pick to go fishing. Planned this trip for a while and we were going no matter what. Wind out of the south 20+ and scattered showers. Got to the harbor around 6:30 and wait till it stopped raining and get geared up to launch the boat. Crossing the bay to the south shoreline where the protected water is was going to be fun. The 19' Shoalcat took it like a champ though. Seems like the faster we went, the better the ride. Got out and started the first wade around 7:45 with the tide coming in. Saw some tailing reds but couldn't get them to eat. Didn't have any gulps and I kicked two stingrays and saw several others swim by me so I told my partner its time for a new spot. Went on down and fished like a champ and still nothing but rain. Finally around 12:30 they turn on. Red fish after redfish. All under 20". wtf. We each caught and released about 30. They were hitting as soon as the lure hit the water. That lasted till 2:00pm and then died. Wound up with only one keeper red and two flounder. It started raining again and thought it was time to get off and go home. Not the best or worst trip but the weather sucked but the fishing was great. All caught on soft plastics. Chickenboy Lures in Chicken Gilbert and Sand Eels in morning glory and pumpkinseed. Where we caught the fish at was about thigh deep water fishing grass/sand pockets. Water was green and some bait present but not much. Jellies are back and so are the rays. At least it wasn't a skunk.

Way to get out there.

Comment

Very nice report, Thanks!
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Good goin' on nthe trip. Thanks for the report.

Comment

tough day weather wise.congrats on the catch
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice Report !
            Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

nice report and thanks for the invite next time!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Did I miss the pics Again? Dern it!! Good yob Gibby. Where ya been? Let go fish!!!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                X